Questions about amp I have (pics)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MattC, Sep 17, 2002.

1. MattC

MattC gotta love the prewar

(background info: I suck at car audio knowledge)

I'm looking into upgrading my car stereo with some parts I have from a previous setup. Here's what I have that I want to use over:

2 10in Bostwick HD subs
    Sony XM 754HX Amp

Now I have 2 questions.

1) Can I hook up those subs, plus the Focal 165K2 system up to the amp and obtain good sound quality out of it?

2) Eventually I will replace the head unit, just not now, and in order to keep the original I've been told I need an amp or eq that can tolerate balanced input signals. I have no clue if the one I have does and was wondering if anyone knew or could tell by some pics of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please go easy on me if I said something stupid, like I said above, I really don't know anything about car audio, and I want to research some stuff before I start shopping.

2. 04

04 Guest

Yep, that amplifier will do everything u need it to. You can bridge the rear two channels for the 2 subwoofers, and run the focal speakers off the front two channels.

As for the whole balanced input signal thing, what factory head unit are you using? You can almost always get an adaptor.

3. MattC

Re: Re: Questions about amp I have (pics)

It's a 97 Maxima with a Bose Stereo in it.

4. 04

04 Guest

Re: Re: Re: Questions about amp I have (pics)

www.davidnavone.com has a bose adaptor that you can buy. Email him for more info on it, or visit his forum on www.carsound.com go to forums, and then David Navone on Troubleshooting.

5. MattC

Thanks, I'll be sure to check those sites out.