Questions about '88 Chevy pickup interior...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by WooleyBooger, Jan 21, 2003.

1. WooleyBooger

WooleyBooger OT Supporter

I have an '88 Chevy fullsize reg cab pickup, and i want to restore the interior (using a different color). What i need to know is what parts from a '95-'98 Chevy/GMC pickup will work in my truck? I was hoping to use bucket seats (mine has a bench now) and console from one of these trucks. Is that a direct swap? I suspect it is, after checking and measuring (everything but trying it).

Also, what about door panels? Do they simply swap out, or would there modification involved?

And does anyone have any links to places that sell things like replacement door panels, carpet, and other interior panels for my truck?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2003
  2. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

Try JC Whitney for replacement panels and such. As for your fist question I am unsure. Same generation body style but who knows what changed in between. You might have better luck going to a Chevy truck forum.

3. spoon-ex

spoon-ex Active Member

i will venture a guess here and say its not gonna be a direct swap, it might all fit in there but the seats use different brackets and bolts, so u will have to modify all that stuff, as for door panels and stuff i couldn't tell ya but like Wolvrin said check JC Whitney for the panels and other stuff

4. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

didnt they switch to vortech then? But im still gona say that it will bolt in bc it would cost the mmore money to swtich the mounting than to leave the mounts the same. Cuz then they have to go into research and see if itll all stay there under rough conditions n shit like that...idk for sure tho

5. cdemdec26

cdemdec26 Destroy Erase Improve

I've seen a lot of 95+ Tahoe/Suburban power seats in older trucks (73-87) so I dont see why it wouldnt work in your 88 since its the same floor. You might be able to get the door panels on, but it wouldnt look right against the square-ish 88-94 dash.

6. MtotheIKEo

MtotheIKEo Air Suspension is ok

the seats may require new brackets. The door panels I know have different mounts from 88-93 and 94-98.

7. 92slammer

92slammer OT Supporter

95-98 chevy truck interior will fit in 88-94 trucks with no prob. however if u r gonna swap out the door panels for the later model then u should also swap out dashes to make it look and fit right....seats will bolt right in though!