Questions about 2006 FORD F-150 FX4

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by L Shaped Ambush, Jun 14, 2009.

1. L Shaped Ambush

L Shaped Ambush New Member

I'm about to check out a 2006 F-150 SuperCrew styleside FX4 (cloth interior) w/ 100,000k miles at a used dealership.

This will actually be my first Ford that I'll be looking at. It's going for 10,995 and I'm about to jump on it.. But my question is, do these models have the shifter near the steering wheel assembly or in the center, under the console?

2. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

I looked at a 2005 f150 ext cab lariat and loaded up a little while ago. shifter was in the center console and not on the tree. 5.4v8 was a dog!

3. L Shaped Ambush

L Shaped Ambush New Member

yeah i heard its a monster offroad too. the pictures depicted on this dude's ad show the shifter behind the steering wheel... wtf.. wrong pic or does the 06 fx4 have it differently??

4. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

to my knowledge the f150's have both options, just depends on package and trim. not sure about the fx4. If i was you, i would hope for the shifter on the tree!

5. caddymac

caddymac New Member

Don't know about the FX4, but I do know the XLT Lariet option has it in the console. Also, I don't think you can't get auto climate control on the FX4.