Questioning concerning professionalism and girls

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Insert, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Insert

Insert Active Member

Quick backstory: I own a restaurant and every Sunday to give some of my employees a day off, myself and the manager wait on tables for the day. I was dressed exactly like a normal waiter with no indication that I owned the place. So today I'm waiting tables and these 2 really cute girls sit in my section. It was rather busy at the time so I didn't pay much attention, however I could tell she was being flirty. I bring them all their food and such and they're constantly complimenting me on how good of a job I'm doing and such. I end up giving them their check and she asks me if we're hiring. I say no, but we're always accepting applications so she's welcome to apply if she'd like. She fills out the app and hands it to me and says some things that I wasn't even paying attention to because I was busy doing other things, but my co-workers overheard.

As soon as she walks out the door my co-workers start talking about how she was totally flirting with me and that I should definitely ask her out. I'm not opposed to this as I find her very attractive and she carried herself well, but I have no intentions of hiring her and don't want to get myself into drama because of it.

So is there any way to go after this without seeming creepy, unprofessional, etc?

2. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I'd tell her upfront you aren't going to hire her. Otherwise, she might be acting flirty just to get a job.

3. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

go out with her, you're not hiring so i don't see the problem :dunno:

4. MCohen

MCohen #NotMyPresident #AmericaIsAlreadyGreat #GoSolar OT Supporter

As far as she knows, he's just another waiter, so flirting with him with the intention to get a job wouldn't be very useful.

5. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

Call her up, tell her you're not hiring but you think the two of you should go on a date.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Call her and say "sorry, I don't have a job for you, but I would like to take you out ____."

If she digs you like everyone seems to think she did, she wont think it's creepy.

7. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

It's really not that hard to spot the owner of a business. And people DO talk. I'm sure it's no secret around his town/city that the owner waits on tables. There's a guy who owns a convenience store where I live, and he spends a lot of time running the register. He doesn't dress fancy or anything at all, but everybody knows who he is and that it's his store.

It's quite possible that the same thing has happened here. Not saying that she's flirting just to get a job, I'm just saying that you can't just rule it out because of the way he is dressed either. :dunno:

Exactly.

8. Insert

Insert Active Member

I'll give her a call tomorrow then and see how it goes. Worst case scenario she declines and I go on living my life.

9. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

call her to tell her you're not going to hire her, and open the floor for her to open conversation

if she sticks around per say or acts flirty thats a green light to ask her out

otherwise its up to you if you want to risk your professionalness and ask her out anyways