Question...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by WooleyBooger, Aug 20, 2002.

1. WooleyBooger

WooleyBooger OT Supporter

And yes i read the sticky posts...

My wife's Honda Accord is back at Honda now being repainted because it had a paint defect from the dealer. Now when we get it back, i want to make sure to do everything right.
    My questions are:
    1.What is the preferable car wash detergent to use? I didnt see that listed anywhere yet.

2.After you wash, is it better to dry immediately (i heard that yes it is) or air dry? And what should i use to dry it (besides towels hopefully)?

Now do i need to wait any length of time before i wash/wax or do it immediately? And, is it ok to wash it once every week or two and wax every 6 weeks or so? If so, what do i need to make sure to do at every wash/every wax?

Think that covers it, sorry for length.

2. evan2

evan2 Guest

i dont a special car wash soap, i use a absorber to dry it and a soft terry cloth to pick up anything i missed

after new paint you should wait 60-90 days before you wax you can polish though
    but wax will seal the paint and you dont want that the new paint needs to breathe... chemicals need to get out of there into the air

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You're going to want to use any high-quality wash. I like to use Meguair's, but they're basically all the same. Also, I like to dry the car right away to avoid water spots from the hard water in my area. The best towels for you to use are microfiber towels, they work better than regular cotton. Be sure not to wash or dry them with anything that lints, though.

I hope this has answered all of your questions. Anything else, feel free to ask.

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I've never really liked chamois, they don't dry the car very well IMO.

5. mc technik

mc technik your purrty...

i say you use the absorber, it really damn absorbant

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

What is this "absorber" you speak of?

7. mc technik

mc technik your purrty...

its kinda like a chamois but better. its more plastic or synthetic i guess, i dont know what the hell its made of, but its smells like plastic, but it reall damn works. thats why its called "the absorber"