TAT question

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by low20, Jan 15, 2007.

1. low20

low20 Member

would it be a bad idea to pop a vicadin before getting a tattoo on your side? i wanna numb it as much as possible...would this thin my blood and cause it to not heal properly?

2. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

you're still going to feel it regardless

it's only temporary pain, enjoy it

3. low20

low20 Member

i know ill still feel it, but it wont be as bad...

4. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

The vicodin mixed with the adrenaline rush and nerves will most likely just make you nauseus and light headed if youre that nervous about it, to be honest. :hs: And then youre faced with fainting or puking or both in front of everyone. Seriously..yeah, its going to hurt. But suck it up and when its done and people look at it and say, "Shit dude..didnt that hurt?" you can answer "Fuck yes." and look like tough shit. ;)

5. Memor

Memor Active Member

A huge part of the tattoo experience is the sensation...why would you want to take that away? That's like getting up in the plane to go skydiving but then staying in the cockpit and watching the dive on video.

6. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

i would only eat half of a vike if you where goin to eat one. Ive eaten vikes before tattoos and it does take a lot away from the expierence of the pain, but if you where goin to get a big piece in a very painful location I dont see why you wouldent want to ease the pain a lil bit, i know parts on my ribs/stomach where allmost unbareable. But its up to you, just dont tell the artist, becasue there not spossed to ink anyone on "drugs"

7. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

go ahead and eat the whole vike, its not gonna hurt you and it might make you less nervous if you think there will be less pain. but honestly one V isnt gonna numb the pain. I've spent about 20 hours getting tattooed and maybe once I took a vik, I don't remember it really doing much. but they won't thin the blood or anything so its not bad. I'd say your better off taking it after to help with the stinging.

8. low20

low20 Member

thanks for the input...ive goten tattoos before so i do know what to expect, its not that, but i remember when i got one on my back and she hit that spine bone it killed, and was even sore for a day or 2 after...i figure the ribs are gonna be even worse...for me its not about the pain and sensations of getting it done, its about the finished product and the art so i dont think i will miss out on anything...

my biggest question is, is it going to efeect my blood in a way that i will bleed out the ink or stop it from scabbing up properly?

9. bigmick

bigmick The plane takes off OT Supporter

Don't be a pussy. If you can't stand the pain, you don't deserve to have the finished product.

10. low20

low20 Member

oh ok, cuz that makes a lot of sence...since when i s getting a tattoo all about the pain involved and making it some huge life changing expierience or something? u know, not eveyrone gets them for the same reasons..i just happen to like tattoos and like art, it has nothing to do with "the expierience" to me, its all about the finished product so take your negativity somewhere else

11. Memor

Memor Active Member

a) won't affect blood/healing

b) in that case, you should take them if you feel that way, since the ribs will hurt way more than the other places you may have been tattooed, unless you have head tattoos.

12. Got_Milf?

Got_Milf? Custom User Title:

:noes: ribs are really the worst...im getting my ribs done feb. 11th

13. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

ribs SUCK. it was some of the most intense tattoo pain ive felt. Most artists i ask will say ribs are one the most intense places to get done.

14. Memor

Memor Active Member

ribs were the one spot i couldn't really zone out on when getting em done, and i only got the edges of them inked...so i'm imagining a full rib session is no walk in the park

15. VinylButterfly

VinylButterfly In Utero

Ribs...ouch! I got my hip done, and that wasnt too bad until he hit a nerve near the joint (not his fault, thast where the tattoo was going), but it wasnt unbareable, I just had to concentrate on zoning out a little longer.

Afterwards I felt really drained and tired (normal after getting a tattoo as it uses a lot of your adrenaline). I was expecting a LOT more pain than I actually had. But ribs I could imagine would really hurt, as gettingit over bone is generally really painful. I was lucky that a line of mine only just went over a bit of bone so I only had to feel it for 20 secs and then over the nerv part for another 20-25 secs the rest wasn't THAT bad...just hurt the normal way a tattoo does.

Take tablets if you want, but you'll still feel it.

16. Two toys

Two toys New Member

seriously stop posting advice... sure tell them your story i dont give a fuck but your advice is all wrong. every single time the needle goes into your skin it "hits a nerve" there are nerves EVERYWHERE! fuck.

to the OP
    vicodin is a bad idea, just dont do it. the pain isnt that bad... i know dainty little girls that get tattood and dont think half as much about it as you are. just relax. your body will handle the pain and block most of it out.

17. kiss kiss bang bang

kiss kiss bang bang New Member

vicodin will wear off in the middle of a long session and make you feel sick. youre better off with loricets and a few tallboys. make sure to drink right before you get tattooed though, not hours before. the beer definitely takes the edge off and the loris will knock the level of pain down a good bit.

i just started a piece from my knee to the middle of my ribcage sober and will not be going through that pain again. fuck all those "purists" who talk about the sensation, that shit fucking hurt. ive got enough ink on me to know what it feels like to get it done sober.

18. joy division

joy division New Member

Ribs rule, can't wait for my other full side. But I do plan on having my entire body covered when I'm dead, aside from face/hands.

Pop em if you want to- personally I'd just freak out...the best thing IMO is eating a shitload beforehand and having some candy bars/PBJs on hand during the session. I'm looking at a 6-9 hour session on my back here in march, after 2-4 hours you start fading and you really do need to eat something. Get that blood sugar up, your body freaks out on itself.

19. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

I'd hold off on the "tallboys"..alcohol thins the blood making you much more prone to excessive bleeding and bruising.

20. Two toys

Two toys New Member

"purists"

seriously just shut the fuck up already. if you want to do things improperly yourself go right the fuck ahead but DO NOT SPREAD MISINFORMATION IN THIS FUCKING FORUM!

just shut the fuck up OG or not you are a fucking idiot.

21. joy division

joy division New Member

:rofl: let him get wasted, bleed all over everything. It will be hilarious.

22. Memor

Memor Active Member

cookie.jpg

23. kiss kiss bang bang

thats why you drink immediately beforehand and not all day before getting them done, sunshine. i pointed that out.

24. kiss kiss bang bang

i didnt spread any misinformation.

25. joy division

joy division New Member

especially right infront of your artist, that way if they say "sorry I can't tattoo you after that" you know you are actually at a reputable shop.