Question

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Jujharoo, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

Someone hit my car while it was parked. I was in the store so I dont know who did it. Damage is on rear bumper. Its not too bad but its very noticeable.
    So my question is If I call my insurance and report it, would it be cosinder "at my fault"? and will there be a deductible? If there is a deductible I might as well not report it cuz the damage probably no more than $400-500 and my insurance deducts $500. also, will it effect my nsurance rate? My insurance is pretty high as is.
    Any advice?
    BTW I have 99 GS300

Thanks,
    JR

2. Turbo240sx

Turbo240sx Still Spoolin'

If i were you, i would try to get qoutes from different shops and see what it will run you first. personally i wouldnt report it to the insurance company because even if its not your fault, it still goes on your insurance record and they might use it as an excuse to jack up your rates a bit. if your insurance is high right now, i would definetly avoid telling them about it, instead try to find the best shop with the best price and just pay for it out of pocket. it might not be considered your fault, but since i dont know your policy, its hard to make an assumption. generally people pay for those things out of pocket to avoid dealing with the insurance companies since they are difficult and hate to pay out. i hope that helps some, good luck.

3. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

Thanks for the advice man.