Question...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by strubbe, Jul 9, 2004.

1. strubbe

strubbe New Member

I work for T-Mobile, but am currently with Cincinnati Bell Wireless for my cell phone plan. I'll be switching to T-Mobile very shortly, but I'm not a big fan of most of our phones, and don't want to pay $250 for the Samsung E715. What I was thinking of doing was just buying another phone from Best Buy or another store like it, and swapping the SIM chip in my T-Mobile phone to the one I bought from Best Buy or whatever. Would this work, or would I have to have the purchased phone "unlocked" or whatever?

Any information you all have for me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

most places like best buy wont sell a phone w/o an upgrade or a new act but if you get one that is already for t-mobile all you have to do is put your sim card in it

3. turbodeuce

turbodeuce ....................

Doesn't T-Mobile provide employee lines?? Guess you're working for an indirect dealer? But yes, most stores like best buy and circuit city will sell you a phone w/o activation. If you're starting new service with t-mobiel you should be able to get a lot better deal then $250...

4. strubbe

strubbe New Member

Yep, indirect dealer/franchise type thing. Anyway, my boss is calling his boss and is getting me a better deal (like turbodeuce said), and I'm just getting the Samsung E715 along with a T-mobile plan. Ported my line over today and everything's working great so far. Thanks for the info fellas.