Question - Wax and Phaze Glaze

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Worker#2, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Worker#2

Worker#2 New Member

I am going to start waxing my car on a bi-weekly basis just because I have time to burn in a local garage.

Can someone double check my steps and make sure I am on the right track. I have also read the products list that is stickied. Car is just city driven but I like a clean car, (who doesn't?)

1. Wash car and rims
    2. Clay car
    3. Use Phaze Glaze for a (hand) polish. (Is it safe to use on a bi-weekly basis?) (Is it beneficial to polish this much?) (recommended locally available polish product that is safe to use for bi-weekly basis?) http://www.carbrite.com/servlet/net.ebiz.velocity.ShowPagePublic?pg=static/A056&lb=none
    4. Wax. (Can someone recommend a locally available wax that is safe to use on a bi-weekly basis?)

Thanks guys, have a great day!

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

no need to glaze every 2 wks. eventually you'll just wear the clearcoat down. i don't think i'd clay every 2 wks at that. just not much need to do it that often unless you work in a railyard or are around that much fallout.

as far as a wax, you could use a spray wax biweekly after you put a coat of something else on. meg's nxt is supposed to be decent, but not much on durability. Collinite's Insulator Wax 845 is available at some Advance Auto Parts stores. I found it near the marine cleaning products. Put a coat of that on, and follow up with spray wax. It should last a while.

3. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

Do everything that you listed the first time and maybe every few months. Bi-weekly, you would be fine to wax, but if your car still beads up fine when you wash it, waxing again it wouldn't add much to the finish, but it shouldn't hurt it. Feel the paint after washing, watch how it beads when wet, then you'll know if it needs more or not.

4. Worker#2

Worker#2 New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I will certainly check up on the Collinite's Wax 845. Thanks again.

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

it's why we're here......oh and damn lurker!

6. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Yeah, like said in the above, you should only glaze right after you do the paint correction. A glaze to me, really nourishes the paint. Sort of like moisturizer does for the skin. Then you can wax it.

I like to do this every 4 months on my truck. I then wax it every two weeks.

I use XMT 360 to clean and correct and then XMT 180 Paste Wax. I then lock it in with Opti-Seal. I reapply 180 and Opti-Seal every two weeks.

Here it is..........

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Worker#2

Worker#2 New Member

wow, nice truck.

btw, I have checked my local autozone and advance autoparts. There is no signs of Collinites or Klasse products. Is there anything else someone can recommend for a bi-weekly wax job to maintain/maximize paint protection? Thank you !