GUN Question regarding zeroing an AR15 with optics

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by yardiewrx, Dec 8, 2007.

1. yardiewrx

yardiewrx OT Supporter

I am having a problem zeroing my weapon with the optics on it. I have an Ultra Dot Pan A-V and for some reason I can't get proper sight alignment with it. First of all I am not sure if I am supposed to align the dot with the front sight post of not. Next the dot is always canted off to the left of the front post, so I tilt the weapon to compensate but it just isnt natural. and when I adjust it to the left using the allen wrench it just doesn't change anything. Now when using this optic am I supposed to align it with the front sight post or am I not?? This is frustrating because with iron sights I have the shit down to a science.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  2. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

It does not matter where the dot is in relation to the front sight post, and it does not matter where the dot is on the glass. You will notice that the dot moves around on the glass as you change your cheek weld. This is normal. Just put the dot on the target, fire a group, then adjust the optic accordingly.

3. yardiewrx

yardiewrx OT Supporter

ok, thanks man.

4. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I came in here to say the same thing.

The dots alignment to anything besides the wholes in the target does not matter.