question regarding wiring stock speakers to amp...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 93CivicEX, Jul 30, 2002.

1. 93CivicEX

93CivicEX Charming, Dashing, Rental car bashing

...I am going to do the install in my 2002 Sierra in a couple weekends... im not quite sure the best way to do this.

I want to run the stock speakers off of a 2 chanel amp, but dont want to tear the whole truck apart, and want to be able to just plug the factory head unit back in with relative ease and maintain all factory wiring.

I have a few options:
    1)
    pull the speakers out, disconnect them all from the wiring harness that attaches to the speaker, and run my own wires from the amp to the speaker. This will involve more headache, pulling trim pieces, and make removal of my system a pain... but have better speaker wires to the speaker

2)
    install the amp, run speaker wires into the dash, and crimp them to the wiring harness that feeds into the factory harness, and runs through the factory speaker wire, which is prolly like 99 guage.
    it will be alot easier, but will use less then ideal speaker wires. When I get ready to put the factory head unit back in (if I ever get sick of having a system, or get ready to sell it) there will be nothing to do but plug and play with the old head unit.

what do you guys suggest?
    Will SQ be compromised that much by using the factory wiring, or will the difference be negligable?

TIA

2. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM Guest

why do you want to amp stock speakers?

Also it really depends on the wiring ive seen people use the stock wiring and have at least a 1 ohm difference due to the cable.

your best bet is to run the wire directly to the speaker but again why are you amping stock speakers?

3. 93CivicEX

93CivicEX Charming, Dashing, Rental car bashing

cause they are supposedly not bad once they get a bit of power to them.... at this point I dont have the money to buy new ones as I am saving for all sorts of other shit... I have a head unit, amps, subs and all that other stuff from my civic laying around... I could just run them off of the head unit's power, but would rather not if I have that amp laying around and all...

4. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

what kind of speakers do you have, and youll probably just cause more headaches when smoke comes out of em.