Question regarding nutritional recommendations - Vitamins

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by naughtysiggie, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naughtysiggie

naughtysiggie New Member

I'm working on losing weight, gaining muscle, and getting overall more healthy. I'm currently 27, around 5'3", 146 lbs, and female. I have entering my diet into fitday.com and I do take a multivitamin per day. I was wondering if any of the following from my nutritional requirements looks funky from today, as in is it dangerous to have too much of the vitamins I have below? Should I continue taking the multivitamin, even though it jacks up some of my vitamin levels way above the recommended nutritional percentages? The first value is the vitamin and the last is the % of the daily recommended value I am getting.

For an idea of what I eat in a typical day, check out my training log:

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?p=51881010

In addition, here's what my multivitamin includes:

Any tips?

2. getjacked

getjacked Guest

get vitamins from your diet in fruits and veggies

3. naughtysiggie

naughtysiggie New Member

I think I eat a large amount of fruit. I think improving on eating more veggies per day will help. I removed the multivitamin from today's total and below is a summation for comparision without the vitamin:

Should I continue taking a vitamin?

4. getjacked

getjacked Guest

vitamins aren't really beneficial. I've seen numerous studies lately that point me in the opposite direction of them. Generally if the vitamin is not coming from the source, then it's not gonna do you any good. If the vitamin makes you feel better, go ahead and take it. RDA isn't exactly accurate, just a general guideline. Keep a close eye on the fat solubles and minerals, the rest don't really matter

5. getjacked

getjacked Guest

I can't edit my post for some stupid reason. I mean that as vitamin supplements

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.