Question regarding my Apline head unit

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Buckfutter, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Buckfutter

Buckfutter I :heart: boobs

I have an Alpine 7863 and I was looking at the manual and it says that there is an input for a Ai-Net Connector and if you use a Ai-Net/RCA Interface cable, I can input TVand Video. I don't want to do TV and video, but I was going to get an MP3 player and I was wondering, if I run the RCA cables out using the above connectors to the MP3 player, will it work?

2. CarbonSeven

CarbonSeven Active Member

I have the same unit.......from what i was told the video doesnt go in only sound ie red and white RCA cables...so it should work

3. I_like_BIG_gurlz

I_like_BIG_gurlz Tejas ownz you!!

You may want to check with Alpine. Because I, personally, doubt it. If you happen to connect the RCA's how will you select those channels to play through your head unit? You will need all the connectors because they send signals back and forth between the head unit and tv tuner(if thats what it uses) so that you can control those items via the head unit. As for video it goes straight to the monitors. Hope this helps. I am not very familiar with Alpine products but I know that my Sony XT-40V tv tuner works this way.