Question regarding alesse, smart people help please!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by jotti, Jan 13, 2006.

1. jotti

jotti New Member

Okay well according to her alesse pack she is supposed to get her period in 14 to 15 days.

That EXACT weekend we have a trip planned and she REALLY doesn't want to get it on the trip.

This is what she wrote me:

I'm on what's called 28 days (its the number or days in a cycle) and there are pink pills and the 7 green pills which is when the period happens but if i skip the green ones will it skip the period?

Anybody? This is way over my head. :eek4:

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

with most pill bc, yes. i dont know specifically bout that brand/dosage. she very well may spot though.

3. Wench

Wench New Member

No, your period won't skip if you don't take the green ones. The green ones don't do anything, just the pink ones. Careful, I got monthly yeast infections when I was on them.

4. nexusgirl

nexusgirl New Member

Basically if she skips the green pills she needs to be taking the pink pills in their place. (So she would take a Day 1 pill in place of the Day 22 pill, Day 2 in place of the Day 23, Day 3 in place of Day 24 and so on) THEN she WILL skip her period. My doctor has informed me that this is perfectly safe as long as it isn't done EVERY month. You have to have at least four periods in the year.

[For a simple explanation of the pills, the pink ones she is talking about holds back the period, the green pills aren't anything (basically sugar pills) and don't even need to be taken, but are for the sake of remembering to take a pill everyday. And since they aren't anything she has her period because there aren't any suppressant hormones to hold it back]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  5. jotti

jotti New Member

wow thanks nexus girl.

6. j12p

j12p New Member

Just remember there may be spotting. Since everyone's body reacts differently this may not work as planned, especially the first time.

7. nikkostarr5

nikkostarr5 New Member

I take alesse, and I am in a long distance relationship, so when we have a meeting prepared it really sucks to be on your period. I have skipped my period a couple times and it never causes problems, but as mentioned above I do get spotting about a week before my next period.