Question Question: Looking for a New Laptop, Can you Help?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Chabaz, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Chabaz

Chabaz OT Supporter

Hi, I'm looking for a new beast, I think...

All sizes from 14-22 considered, and I'm looking for something somewhat rough, tough and plenty durable. My current Toshiba has lasted me quite a while, and is doing very well, but I think I want something that would be a bit better on the road.

The criteria is:

The less glare the better.

Storage space, 120gb+.

A DVD/Blu-ray drive is HIGHLY preferred, oh and HDMI but not 100% necessary.

Able to play 3d videos and movies, JUST FINE - but NO GAMING WHATSOEVER.

Fast, of course. Not BLINDING speed, but would be nice.

Rugged, maybe one of those duralaptops, or dells outdoor laptops - but I really don't know how good they are. Maybe something inbetween?

Out of all of this, I would not like to spend more than 3000, but if I can get all of that for 1000, I would get that too! (I know, not likely.)

Basicially, if I could pretty much get a 16 or 17 inch Toshiba, or IBM or similar laptop, but built really well and able to take a beating - I would *** for that.

Anyways, let me know what you think, and thanks!

2. CodeX

CodeX Guest

:ugh:

You mean with glasses?

The laptop I recently sold I bought open box for $600 and it had all of that except for HDMI out... Had 4gb of memory, quad core processor, 17" screen, and could play PLENTY OF GAMES WHATSOEVER :)mamoru:)

3. skinjob

skinjob Active Member

4. Benay148

Benay148 New Member

love my new dell inspiron, but idk about the 3d thing, but does great movies and its fast, can play games with a 400g hard drive and 4g of ram

5. 7960

7960 New Member

3d is a gimmick.

I've bought 3 Dell inspirons in the last year. Very happy with all of them. Google "dell inspiron 17" (no quotes). You can get it loaded for $700