MIL Question.........plzz answer ..thnx

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Taconinja05, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Taconinja05

Taconinja05 New Member

So me and the Mums were at the NAS Jax Commissary the other day and i happend to see a group of army dudes in those new BDU's?(whatever u call them) the ones with like the lil camo-square things. but whatever thats not the point of this thread.Well i mentioned to her that "those were the ugliest military uniforms i've ever seen"and that" i hope they change those things when i join up". Well she didn;t take the last part to well and flipped out slightly at the fact that i plan on joining the military ofter College.Saying that " u'll just waste ur life"....

I don't see what the big deal is. My dad was in the Air Force for 22 years of his life and it seemed to work out the better for him. I mean we live in a nice house and are fairly well off now. So i was wondering what ur parents thought of ur decision of joining the military. Were they totally supportive or what??
    thnx

2. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Your mom thinks you will die in Iraq.
    Tell her she can support your decision or not, but you plan on joining (if you are 16 or younger, just keep your mouth shut).
    Moms don't like it when their babies get put in harms way.
    Run it by your dad and see what he has to say.

3. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

and they're digital cammies

4. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

the proper term for the new army uniform is the ACU, Army Combat Uniform.

5. Big Red

Big Red New Member

well my parents just didnt think i would be able to do it because i was such a girlie girl. and of course my mom was a bit worried, and sep 1th didnt help any, but anyway they knew if they didnt sign the papers when i was 17 i would just sign them myself when i turned 18.

6. Fearan

Fearan Guest

It's a Canadian invention that we know as "CATPAD". Lot better than the old camo. :big grin: