MIL Question on school v. Airforce

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by drakarch, Feb 3, 2006.

1. drakarch

drakarch New Member

Just curious. How many units can you guys usually get going throughout a semester/quarter/year? I'm talking about taking school while working.

2. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

Are you talking about taking school while working a fulltime job? parttime job? While going through ROTC and working? While actively serving in the military and taking courses online?

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Sounds like he's talking about going to school while being in the Air Force active duty.

It depends on your job, drakarch, which can be anything from a clerical office job to pararescue. What kind of job were you looking to do in the Air Force? Someone here can probably give you an idea of what the workload/freetime would be like.

4. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

Good deal :bigthumb: Is that just where you are stationed or is that offered at all AF bases?

5. drakarch

drakarch New Member

That's correct. I'm talking about working at a fulltime job while taking courses. The job? well.. I'm still looking around but intel jobs look sort of interesting although they don't get stationed overseas much it seems... :wtc: .

6. drakarch

drakarch New Member

Interesting. Not sure of what job you do but i'll start searching around to find it. Also, how many units do you usally take per quarter, half a year? a year?

One of the reasons i'd be interested in joining is if I could get a good load of units towards my bach as well as focus on a career for the civilian life after since a 4 year commitment is a long time.

7. drakarch

drakarch New Member

3 classes a time on top of your fulltime job AFTER tech school, right? I'm just reading kind of mixed up right now hehe

8. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

Online classes work great too!

BTW: Get the CCAF and find a good program that allows you to transfers just the CCAF to pure credits instead of trying to transfer them on an individual basis.

-fin

9. Ozner

Ozner Offical TSL OP Leghumper

I got 40 credits in 4.5 months time. Now i finish my cdc's and i can take more classes. Its actually encouraged by most supervisors. My supervisor is like if you don't take any college courses i'm not putting you up for BTZ. Good reason to go!!!

10. drakarch

drakarch New Member

what do you mean transfer CCAF to pure credits? use the units towards your major you mean?

11. drakarch

drakarch New Member

I'm assuming 40 credits in 4.5 months in tech school correct? I'm trying to find out determining the job the specific amount of units while working at your fulltime job AFTER teach school. Just curious how it goes about and hard it is to even get a class as well as the class for a certain major.

12. JL

JL Wander-er OT Supporter

Many AF bases offer 8 week classes. They rock, I'm a full time student (I'n Air Guard) and i take normal classes at the local university and then 8 week classes at the base.