GUN Question on price

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrburner, Sep 11, 2006.

1. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

I've been looking at buying my first gun for awhile now and i've got some extra spending money now

a friend of a friend has a nice sig 226 9mm for sale - the gun has had roughly 800 rounds through it and has been cleaned after every shooting session - i know the condition of it is top notch (it has some standard small scratches on the barrel as did all the other sig's that were there) - it was purchased new in december for ~$850-900 and since then he has gotten 2 other sig's including another p226 9mm (with the SA/DA trigger) so he's planning on selling it

he's looking for $600 - it comes with the sig case and 2 clips (not sure if he has anything else with it)...does this seem like a fair price or does it seem high? it shoots great, i put about 50 rounds through it today

thanks

2. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

It's a fair price if it's in really good condition. You can find used 226s for around $400-500 pretty easily, though.

3. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

Gunshow price I have seen is $520... I think they even have a CPO program

4. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

You can ge a Sig CPO 226 for about $100 less than he is asking, will probably look new as well.

And (since someone will mention this, so I'll get it out of the way) handguns don't use clips, they use magazines.

5. mrburner

mrburner Ron Paul 2008

can anyone give me any links to websites that have CPO sig p226's for sale? every site that has CPO stuff linked seems to be down (or the link is down) and i can't seem to find any

6. itchiban

itchiban New Member