Question on lease and adding upgrades

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Mystery Guest, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

I am about to arrange financing on a 2008 VW Passat.

Along with the car I am going to be putting Audi RS4 replica wheels on it with a minimal drop. The dealership is financing this into my lease.

Now, seeing that I am returning the car with custom wheels once the lease is over, shouldn't they discount the wheels to off-set the fact they are getting them back? The way I am thinking, is if I am paying for the car, and paying for custom wheels. I should get both the stock wheels and the custom wheels. At the end of mylease I return the car with the stocks back on.

Any ideas besides paying out of pocket for the wheels? Which I may do if it is too pricey.

2. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr Member

If you are paying for custom wheels, they are keeping the factory wheels, and you return the custom wheels, then you should only pay a fraction of their cost, somewhere in line with leasing wheels.

Here is the problem. You are leasing, so they get everything back.
    You will be paying for both, and should get both with the lease, but have to return both with the lease as well.

I would recommend buying the wheels yourself, and keep the lease simple. Then you can sell them when the lease is up for approx half of retail in good condition.

3. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Yeah I think I may just pay out of pocket for the wheels like you said. Not to mnetion when leasing a car you are not paying the full price on the car. Adding $2000 in wheels into the lease is going to make my payment jump substantially since it's factored in differently.