Question on how to handle some damage to my new paint

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by anorexicpoodle, Feb 23, 2005.

1. anorexicpoodle

anorexicpoodle New Member

Hey guys, Ive read through the stickies already but havent pieced together the exact info im looking for.

The car is a 1992 JZA70 supra that i just had repainted. Weatherstripping leaks so before the storm hit here in LA i covered it. Flooding ensued and a bunch of mud washed up under the tarp, and the wind tore it and whipped it around. Still raining so i havent had a chance to really inspect any scratching but im expecting some. Im either looking for good experiences with professional scratch removal/detailing or a good procedure to do it myself. Its not a cheap paintjob (7 coats PPG) so im hoping its got some durability to it

Heres a pic prior to the rain, hoping it will look just as good after (sorry for the size)

excuse my n00b-ishness this is the first car ive built that has looked good enough to care about.

[​IMG]

EDIT: If you can recommend good places in the San Fernando Valley area that would be helpful as well.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You are probably going to have to spend time buffing it out and I'd seriously recommend getting a PC to make it easier.

Until you can inspect it and maybe post a few pics, it is really hard to tell you where to start.

3. black 3g

black 3g Guest

i agree with scott that you are going to need to use a buffer to remove swirls effectively. i would suggest looking at the line of poorboys super swirl removers. they have four different types of swirl removers, each varying a little in aggression. you can find them at www.poorboysworld.com. i hope that the damage, if any, is minimal. good luck.

4. bunmango

bunmango OT Supporter

Patrick from Excel Detail is from Thousand Oaks if I'm not mistaken... check out www.exceldetail.com

I met Patrick at the Autopia/Meguiar's meet and he's a standup guy... bought some MF towels from him too.

I'm sure that Scott will be able to vouch for him as well.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I can definitely vouch for Patrick at Excel Detail. Great guy and he is a perfectionist. He sells some great buffing pads and mf towels, so you could have him detail it then get some products from him to maintain the finish. He also sells the full Clearkote line.