Question of hooking up a DVC sub

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by /Aerostar\, Jan 28, 2005.

1. /Aerostar\

/Aerostar\ Guest

Hey, so I just got an Audiobahn AW1200Q sub with dual 4-ohm voice coils. I will be using a Pioneer GM-5000T amp to power the sub. The sub will be a Qlogic ported box. SO what I need to know is how the hell do I wire a DVC sub? Do I bridge the amp, run that one channel into the box, then wire the sub with a parallel dvc setup (2 ohm), or will that be bad for the sub? Or am I supposed to run 2 channels into the box (if so, how?), and then each coil gets one channel?

Thanks alot

2. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

3. denim

denim New Member

4. /Aerostar\

/Aerostar\ Guest

Alright, thats what I was thinking, but you sure 2 ohms on a bridged channel wont blow the amp?

thanks

5. 04

04 Guest

It looks like Pioneer doesnt reccomend it, so I wouldnt do it. I suggest either running a voice coil per channel, or wiring the coils in series.

6. /Aerostar\

/Aerostar\ Guest

alright, I think ill go with the series wiring, thanks again

And just to double check, the series wiring would be this

[​IMG]

7. btimp

btimp i am my other half

most likely that will be the cleanest sound. but if you want a touch more power, do a channel per coil as suggested above

- btimp
    www.btimp.com

8. 04

04 Guest

The amplifier puts out the same amount of power into a bridged mono load as it does into two channels that have 1/2 the impedence as the bridged load.

9. /Aerostar\

/Aerostar\ Guest

Really? If that is true and Ill get atleast 250 watts rms from 8 ohms bridged, I will definitely go that route. I just want to make sure you are 100% positive that I will be getting as much power