Question for you guys...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Normie, Feb 26, 2003.

1. Normie

Normie The TBW weight loss plan worked for me! OT Supporter

This should be the right forum to post in.. I want to purchase a somain name, however I don't want it to be easily traced back to me.. You guys have any ideas on how I could do that? Can I pay cash, or use a business or some crap like that? Anyone know of a anon domain name service? Just something that would take someone A LOT of effort to trace back to ME.. I mean I could always have a friend buy it for me or something, but I want to have control over it, if you know what I mean?

2. D1G1T4L

D1G1T4L Active Member

you can change the domain info after you buy it i think, so you can just put anom for name and number etc

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

They're pretty anal about ensuring the right person is changing the info to stop people from redirecting the domain name. So if you change it, you might not be able to change it back without you proving you really are I. P. Freely.

4. Normie

Yeah but changing the info could still point to me if they go to the source.. I'm looking for something a little more secure!

5. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

Why so secure? You up to something illegal?

6. Normie

No not illegal.. Just something that I don't want easily traced to me.. although the implication will be there :big grin: But it's 100% Legal..

7. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

I've been burnt this past week with illegal activity. So I'm not in much mood to help even questionable activity.

Basically: Play by the rules. If you don't want to, then be prepared to suffer the consequences, be it whatever they may be (how ever minor or major they may be). If you are absolutely serious about doing what you want to do, then talk to the registrars about it or a lawyer and I'm sure they will help you out.