Question for you guys.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mycophiles, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

I post in here mostly and the home audio forum gets no traffic so I'll throw the question in here.

I have a home theater receiver. Had it about 10 yrs now. Old but still works. I don't need it anymore so I'm going to move it out to the garage with a computer so I can attach it to a computer and listen to music outside.

Until I get the computer to run it on I thought I'd just run my phone off it in the meantime.

At work I split my phone plug to 2 rca's, plug it into the amplifier and it works fine. On the home theater system I have it doesn't work. I have to turn the sound all the way up to get a whisper of sound out. I have pre-amp setting on the program I'm using on my phone but If I turn it up too loud it distorts.

Why isn't this working? Do I need an amplifier? Thought I could get around buying one using the home theater system and it's internal amplifier.

Thanks

2. dissonance

dissonance reset OT Supporter

I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I have to have an adapter for my phone and I ordered several from eBay. One of the couple I bought from the same guy was defective and would produce a much quieter sound with a flange effect if it wasn't plugged in just right. Check your cable...

Other than that and if the jack on the receiver isn't the problem then I don't know.