Question for you guys...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Seeker, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Seeker

Seeker Brofessional OT Supporter

I've been writing a three-part car story for about the last year and a half. The first dealt with mostly Japanese imports, and the second focuses on Domestics.

I wanted to know what you guys thought of the lineup I have. I've tried to have a diverse range, but let me know what I'm missing. I'm pretty much finished with the story already, but I'll see about working in any good suggestions you might have. :hs:

*Disclaimer*
    This story is about racing, but not all of the cars listed actually race. Some are there pretty much for eye candy, just because I wanted to include them.

Buick
    Regal GNX

Chevrolet
    Corvette ZR-1
    Corvette Z06
    Camaro SS('02)
    Camaro SS('69??)
    Camaro IROC-Z
    Cavalier
    Impala SS(mid-90s)
    Chevelle SS(70)

Dodge
    Charger
    Viper RT/10
    Neon
    Omni GLHS
    Caravan Turbo

Ford
    Mustang Cobra('03+)
    Mustang(late 80s Fox body)
    Mustang('66)
    Lightning('01)
    Focus ZX3
    Thunderbird(mid-90s)

Geo
    Metro-seriously. It sprays. :hs:

GMC
    Syclone/Typhoon(not sure which yet)

Pontiac
    Trans Am
    GTO('66)

Shelby
    Cobra

Again, just tell me what you think. I was just trying to represent as many brands as I could. No Geos, though. Oops, too late. :hs:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2004
  2. torchC5

torchC5 Guest

Why no C5's? The fifth generation vette was more influential and would be a better representation then the ZR-1, IMHO. But I'm not bias or anything.

TorchC5

3. Seeker

I was just joking about the C5 thing. I guess you would have to read the story to see why I have the ZR-1. The owners of the ZR-1 and the GNX are part of a group, and even though they're the founders, they're a bit like the high-tech outcasts. That's part of the reason they end up leaving the group, too.

I suppose I could try to find a place to put a C5 in. Maybe since the story is based in Houston, I can put Glen in there. :mamoru:

4. rumpy

rumpy I am of two minds...literally OT Supporter

Hell yes to the 69 SS. I have a pretty nice one if you want pics for your story, although I won't race it. I also know a ton of obscure stuff about the car if that's the type of thing you're writing about.

Write about the 70 Chevelle SS LS-6 450 hp 500 ft lbs tq :eek3: :bowdown:

5. Seeker

Pics would help a bit. When I finish with part 3 later this year, I hope to get a site up with car pics, character profiles, etc.

There's a scene that takes place at the drag strip, and that's where the muscle cars appear.

6. torchC5

torchC5 Guest

I guess I was assuming your story was more of a documentary. C5 or not, your list of cars look pretty good to me:bigthumb:

7. Seeker

I think I know how to include a C5, too. The Shelby Cobra driver is based on a friend of mine who has one, along with a couple others. He actually sold the Cobra a couple months ago, and got a yellow Z06. Instead of having the character drive the Cobra every time, he could have the Z06 too. :bigthumb:

8. jmq2005

jmq2005 Guest

9. jmq2005

jmq2005 Guest

Also if your putting muscle cars in it, you need the 66 or 67 GTO.

10. Seeker

Good idea. Gives me another Pontiac too, since all I had was a T/A. That also means I need another muscle car for it to face off with. I'm a bit short on Mopars. Is there anything else from them I could use?

I also thought I'd add that even though I have import leanings, I tried to keep this story pretty balanced. It's pretty much import vs domestic, but each side wins and loses. A couple drivers out of each camp are dorks, but there cool folks too. I will admit that I was a bit biased on having the cool/nice characters drive the high-tech domestics(ZR-1, GNX, Lightning, etc) that I like.

I was just thinking that I'd like to have one of the early 80s T/As, too. Pay a little homage to Smokey and the Bandit. I'll have to figure out where I can squeeze one in. :hs:

11. WhiteSSP

WhiteSSP OT Supporter

You need turbo dodges, and a Syclone/Typhoon thrown in there for good measure.

12. Seeker

How about a Shadow or a Daytona for Dodge? Maybe even one of the minivans.

A Sy/Ty would be cool. I like fast trucks. I was going to use a Dakota 5.9 R/T as part of a two-on-two race, then decided against it. Ended up using an '03 Cobra in its place. I thought about using a Sy/Ty, but realized I didn't have many Fords. That's how I settled on the Lightning. I think I have an idea of how to finally include the Sy/Ty now, though. :) The Lighting owner is at the track for the drag race scene, but he doesn't participate. I'll change that, and have him line up against the Sy/Ty. :bigthumb:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  13. Seeker

Bump for update. More cars added.

Two more Dodges, two Chevys, a Pontiac and a GMC.

14. Seeker

Bump.

'Nother question. Are there any rare/obscure cars I could include? Something that only enthusiasts might appreciate? An AMC Javelin, a '57 Bel Air Prostreet or something?

I'm trying to include more rare-but-good stuff with the next part, which is European-themed. I figure it wouldn't hurt to try it with this story, too.

15. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

What about something like a Plymouth Roadrunner? Or a Super Bee?

16. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Audi RS6 vs. BMW M5 (new one that isn't quite out yet...)
    Vauxhall VX220 Turbo vs. Lotus Exige
    Enzo vs. Carrera GT vs. Ford GT
    older Jag. vs. older Aston Martin? (I don't know much about these)

17. 67olds442

67olds442 uhhhh

Oldsmobile 442 W-30.
    68 Hurst Olds 442.

Maybe a oldsmobile toranado (spelling) (V8 powered FWD car).

18. Seeker

I actually had a Superbird in there. :hs: It was in a drag racing scene, but they aren't really meant for drag racing, are they? :confused: I took it out and replaced it with the Charger. I guess I could find somewhere else to put the Superbird or a Roadrunner.

:nono:
    Hey, you're getting a little ahead of yourself there, pal. :) This story is about domestics. Check the European forum for my thread on my story about the Euro cars. I've already got 3 Astons(DB5, Vantage LM, Vanquish), possibly 3 Audis, a Lotus Esprit, and 3 BMWs, including an E39 M5. I'm thinking about an older Jag, too.

I forgot all about Oldsmobile. :o I intentionally left out Saturn, but Oldsmobile totally slipped my mind. Which of those 442s is the better car for drag?

I'm probably going to end up putting a lot of the older cars into the drag racing scene. The newer cars will be doing more of the curvy country road racing that the story focuses on.

19. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I took that the wrong way then. Sorry.

20. 67olds442

67olds442 uhhhh

I think the 1968 Hurst Olds is the fastest production 442. Although you really can't go wrong with any of them 70 442's look really cool ...and so do 67's but maybe i'm just biasis ;)

21. Seeker

Well, how about a '67 then?

I've actually put some people I know and their cars in this story. If I wasn't so set on the GNX driver being a girl, I'd probably have asked Kenny if he would want to be the character. :hs:

No prob. Get over to the Euro forum. :bigthumb:

22. rumpy

Drop the 69 Camaro SS for a 69 Camaro Yenko or a Baldwin Motion 69 camaro if you want rare.

Include a copo Nova for rare as well

23. Seeker

There was already a Yenko in 2F2F. I don't want to look like I'm ripping off of them. I googled Baldwin Motion, and saw a '69 and a '70 that looked pretty cool. The Copo Nova is really rare. Only 50, according to yenko.net. Wow. :bigthumb:

I'm getting a lot more old muscle cars than I planned on. There might be too many just for the drag racing scene alone.

I think I could make another scene, maybe a barbecue(this is in TX, after all) meet or something, that would let me include more, though. Especially since people might not be drag racing some of these more rare cars. How does that sound? :x:

24. rumpy

The Camaro in 2F2F was a Z28 not a Yenko. The Z28's came with 2 racing stripes up the hood and down the trunk lid. The Yenko had a similar scheme but it was one stripe instead of two on the hood and stripes on the rear quarter panels that actually said Yenko SYC. Either way I guess it doesn't really matter as long as you put a 69 Camaro in the story.

25. Seeker

Oh, okay. I guess I could have the owner say something like 'this is a real Yenko' or something. I knew the movie car was just a regular Camaro made up to look like a Yenko, but I didn't realize they couldn't even get the paint scheme right. :mamoru: I promise not to do that if my story becomes a movie. :x:

I've been trying to pay homage to other stuff with my story, and I've found a couple things to do. Here's an example: In the Euro story, there's a white, race-prepped Porsche 911 Slantnose driven by a girl that goes by 'Jazz.' I pay homage to Transformers a bit, since there was a character named Jazz who was a 911 Slantnose. :o
    For the barbecue meet, I got the idea of including some other cars. I thought about including a Charger made up to look like the General Lee, a Grand Torino done in the Starsky and Hutch paint scheme, a Mustang like in Bullitt and/or Gone in 60 Seconds, a T/A like in Smokey and the Bandit, and of course, a T/A made up to look like Knight Rider's K.I.T.T. With the fake K.I.T.T. I was going to have somebody ask if it talks. :hs: