GUN Question for those that own glocks and carry them...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Paulie Walnuts, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Do you keep one in the chamber? This makes me nervous because I have hear things about Glocks going off but I know it its not any different than my hammerless 357 mag.

2. Redmouse

Redmouse Just looking...

I don't own a Glock but I have fired several. I think it's safe to say they wont go off unless the trigger is pulled.

Safe Action System

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Normally, yes, i carry it hot. The gun isn't going to go off unless the trigger is depressed. With a proper holster, accidentally snagging the trigger isn't an issue. 99%+ of accidental discharges are user error, and Glocks are no exception. Modern firearms very seldomly discharge due to mechanical failure or defect. It's usually someone too embarrassed to admit they had their finger on the trigger.

If i ever use the thunderwear carry, i leave the chamber empty because i wouldn't want to risk blowing my jacobs off while zipping my fly or something. :o

4. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Completely safe to carry with one in the pipe, just make sure you use a good holster that covers the trigger.

5. taco

taco Guest

when I do carry which is very seldom any more I carry one in the pipe in my G-23.

It takes two hands if you have to rack the slide and also takes considerably more time.

6. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Can anyone recomend a conceal IWB holster?

7. itchiban

itchiban Guest

Im considering this one from predator holsters. They are local in my area and i've had a chance to see them up close. they look pretty good.

8. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

i like the Galco "USA" model for my G27, get the most use. Sidearmor is good stuff, i have a pair of their IWB for my G27 and G23.

F.I.S.T. also makes good, very thin kydex.

9. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

Milt-sparks also makes a good one, leather, with a steel form inside the leather. it has all the features of other IWB holsters, but is cheaper than most. they're all handmade, and they don't make that many, but they're damn good.