Question for the Vag

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Master Splinter, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Master Splinter

Master Splinter OT Supporter

First I'll start with an update.

I made a thread a little while back about having poor self confidence and having trouble asking a chick out, anyway I asked her out and we ended up going out a couple times but turned out we didn't have much in common and I don't think there was much of a connection so time to move on.

Anyway I've overcome the confidence issue, since that girl I've already asked a couple others out, got shot down on one (who would've thought rejection actually doesn't suck at all! amazing how much I had built it up in my head that it was terrible), and another who is up for going out but she's in Seattle til Saturday so we'll be going out Tuesday.

So basically my question is this, so being as we already set up the date and everything, what day, time, etc, should I text her or anything while she is away or just wait til Tuesday and give her a call at 3 as I told her I would?

Just asking because a couple friends of mine decided to turn this into a great debate tonight, one claimed I needed to text her (didn't really provide any compelling reasons, just thought waiting til Tuesday was too long) while my other said definitely don't text makes you come across as clingy.

So vag, to text or not to text while she is visiting family in the Emerald City?

2. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

I don't see how a quick txt to double check plans would be clingy. On Monday just send her a txt in the middle of the day. Something like "hey, just double checking we're still down for tomorrow". If she says yes then just reply with "ok, cya then" and end the conversation.

If she cancels, then just reply with "ok, maybe another time then" and end the conversation.

It's only clingy if you txt her, and keep on txting her. You've got better things to do than to txt her all day, you barely even know her...atleast that's the impression you want her to have. Save getting to know her for the actual date.

3. Master Splinter

Yeah thats what I was thinking, I was just going to wait til Tuesday and give her a call but a text the day before might not be a bad idea.

4. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

Exactly. See it this way. The clingy guy would call or txt wanting to have a long conversation and get to know her. However a cool fun guy will just txt to confirm, because if she cancels, he's just gonna find something else to do. It's not gonna ruin his day if she cancels cause he's always got something to do.

5. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Just do whatever you want to do. If she likes you, she likes you. If she doesn't, she doesn't.

6. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Pretty much.

But at the same time I wouldnt start a conversation via text just cause you have a date with her. Maybe over the weekend shoot her a text saying 'Hope you had a good time in Seattle, cant wait to see you on Tuesday'

7. MichelleAnna

MichelleAnna let it be

What everyone else said. :)

8. Vysion

Vysion New Member

A quick text to confirm plans the day before or the day of wouldn't hurt things.

9. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Personally I think it's a bad sign when you have to put that much energy into deciding whether or not to text someone. Do it or don't, but stop wasting time analyzing every step. Have some confidence in yourself.

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Some people overanalyze things. It can be bad but be nice to those people. We need your compassion :mamoru:

11. Master Splinter

Yeah I'm definitely one of those people, I overanalyze all kinds of stuff, not just dating wise either.

Believe me though I wasn't losing any sleep over this issue, wasn't even thinking about it as I hadn't planned to do anything but call her the day of.

But after a night of drinking on St. Patrick's Day where my friends made a big debate of it thought I'd come to the vag for their input.