MIL Question for the Prior Squids that are now in the Army - Class A's + ESWS question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Drunk Bastard Audio, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

being in a rush, I took my class A's to the local tailor that also does your ribbon/badges. So in short, the lady put the ESWS on the pocket below the ribbons....I was certain that it went above the ribbons (I have no Army badges of yet...going to Air Assault on the 18th). Can a prior Squid that's now a current Soldier confirm where it goes?

And yes it's authorized...no where in the Uniform regs does it state the ESWS isn't an authorized badge to be worn in uniform. I was set straight by a Major who wears his, on this very issue about 18 months ago.

2. Julius

Julius Guest

not a prior squid, but special skill badges are usually worn above the ribbons. some are worn on the pocket to the right of marksmanship badges. i'm pretty sure it's the former.

3. Drunk Bastard Audio

that's what i was thinking Julius...but her placement had me second guessing myself for a moment...thanks.

4. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

how'd you get an ESWS on a sub... cause there are no squids in the surface navy :p

5. Drunk Bastard Audio

silly bubbleheads.

6. JSin

JSin New Member

Officers don't wear markmanship badges and thus normally wear special skill badges on the pocket. I'd look it up, but I think both ways is authorized.