Question for the Ladies

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by $wampf0x, Mar 14, 2008.

1. $wampf0x

$wampf0x New Member

So I've been in a relationship for the pas 5 months and there's been a lot of ups and downs, much of which revolve around my girlfriend's suspicions.

So my question to the ladies of the forum is... How do you feel about your SO seeing their female friends one-on-one?

From my position, I have a few friends who I've gotten used to hanging out with on a one-on-one basis and I feel like it's pretty dick to cut them off because I'm seeing someone, especially because I don't have any intention of screwing them. But I guess if I was put in my girlfriends position I probably wouldn't feel entirely comfortable with her going out like that with other guys.

What do you think?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Depends on if I trust them or not. I hang out with a few of my guy friends one-on-one all the time, but that's because they are harmless and my bf knows it beforehand and approves of it. And almost always I invite him anyways.

She could be really insecure (your gf) and sense attraction on your girl "friends" part and for that reason not like the idea of you being with them when she's not there. Honestly, it is kind of sketchy.

Why can't you have fun with these girl "friends" with your girlfriend there as well? That's the important question I want to know from you.

You will probably say some :mb: like "it's just not the same when she's there," but really that comes off as "I like being alone with them :naughty:"

3. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

i spend a lot of time alone with guys, the bf knows it, and he doesnt care. one of his roommates is a female and he spends a lot of time alone with her, and its never bothered me. i realize you havent been together very long, but it wont last very long either if you dont form that trust now. invite her to hang out with you and your friends so she can see theres nothing there, and then progress from there. clearly though, it wont work out if theres not complete trust in one another-- she'll just drive herself insane.

4. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

If I trust the boyfriend (and I'm the type to trust until given a reason not to), then I don't care if he's hanging out with his friends who are girls. Chances are they were in his life way before I was, so who I am to deprive him of that? I might feel suspicious if I had never met the girl before, or it was someone he's very rarely mentioned, but other than that I wouldn't lose sleep over it. I'm not insecure enough to think that my boyfriend is sleeping (or plotting to) with every woman he talks to. Plus, I have guy friends I enjoy hanging out with. I'd be angry if he deprived me of that.

5. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

My gf can be like this with girls that I hang out with. Not even trying to hang out with them, just with other friends. No matter how many times I talk to her, she always has this negative attitude where she thinks "all these girls are out to take me away from her" idea. I dont get it to be honest.

But she dosnt go so pshyco or anything, just a change in attitude. I guess she's mildly insecure :dunno:

EDIT: im not a chick...

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Mildy insecure?

From what I remember of your thread you claimed you would just lie forever to her and never admit there were women even in the same house as you otherwise she'd get really upset.

7. demosnat

demosnat New Member

For me it really depends on his history with her. If they've never dated or fooled around, I don't mind. I would never date anyone who I didn't trust to stay faithful, and it honestly doesn't bother me if the girl likes him but the thought of my SO reminiscing about old, romantic times with another girl bothers me.

8. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

I didnt say I'd "lie to her forever." Im more willing to tell her now than before, because she says she's wanting to work on this issue. She just has a stronger resentment for my roomate's gf. My gf and the other girl, me and my bro all just hung out at an irish pub the other night, and the other girl was pretty gone. From my gf's POV, the girl was I guess being flirty with me.

I think what else is part of the issue, is my gf has never really spent much time to really know each other. I think the night at the pub is the first time my gf really got to talk to each other.

9. $wampf0x

$wampf0x New Member

Well its a long and complicated story, but the short answer is that I would be much happier if she would hang out with me and my friends, but she doesn't.

You kinda hit the nail on the head... Me and one of the girls I hung out with came very close to dating, but never did. The thing is that she's one of my close (guy) friend's roommates, so we're bound to see each other now and again, and since nothing ever really happened between us me and the girl were comfortable being friends and were actually fairly close.

I can't really blame her for being uncomfortable with that particular relationship, but there are other girls who I'm strictly friends with, and she's equally suspicious of them.

10. Jacy

Jacy red lipstick brigade

Well, I am fine with my boyfriend hanging out with his female friends. I trust him, and I feel secure about the health of our relationship. One of his bestfriends is a girl that he was in a relationship with for two years, but it doesn't phase me.

I was distrustful of my last two boyfriends hanging out with girls though, but that's because one of them had cheated in the past ... while the other was very secretive about it, and I was right to distrust him. Turns out that my instincts were right.

So I think it's dependent on the level of trust she has in you and your relationship, whether or not she is an insecure person, your dating history, etc