Question for the Ladies

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by NorthernLightsFan, May 6, 2005.

1. What is your opinion on young women who date older men how old is too old ?

Would you ever date a man say if he were maybe 10 years older then you

Just curious

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

when i was 18 i dated a 26yo. when i was 21, i dated a 36 yo, then a 31 yo.

currently, im 22 dating a 19yo. the older guys were college dropouts, so they never really grew up and were thus on the same emotional plane i was (party every night). that doesnt do it for me and the relationships where very short. mostly, i date within my age range, but have considered dating guys in their mid thirties but only if they are college grads working a real job. im not the party girl i used to be, and want a bf whos a little more mature and driven.

3. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

It depends on the person and how old each person is.
    10 years is a bigger gap when one is 16 than 26.

4. oradii

oradii www.oteampress.com

/agreed

5. Tornado6

Tornado6 When the wind set down in funnel form and pulled y

I'd date a guy your age. I spent most of High School with a guy who was five years older than me. At the time it was a big difference. Now it doesn't seem like anything at all.

You're way past the safe range for dating anyone in High School now, I think, but you're probably also old enough to make a ten year gap work.

6. PaZzEsCo

PaZzEsCo New Member

I know a girl who is 21 and is marrying a 52 year old and they just had a baby. In my opinion that is too old but everyone is different. I'm 22 and the oldest I dated was a 30 year old and I don't think I would date any older then that. 8 year difference is enough.

7. Bella

Bella New Member

agreed

8. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

I just can't imagine they have alot of things in common...

9. Seoulmate

Seoulmate New Member

my friend is 22 and has been dating a guy who is 38 for the past 4 years. they seem to have a good relationship. the oldest i could go is probably 8 years older than me. 10 year age gap is a little too big.

10. lauren

lauren Active Member

agreed. when you are in hs, stick to people in hs. so much changes within the 18-22 year range.

11. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:dunno: i'm 23 now, but when i was 20 i managed a team overnight for a major retail company. i was the "boss," and many of my coworkers were 15-20+ years older than me. despite the age factor, we all got along well. i went out to our favorite sports bar every weekend with a couple of the guys that i worked with... who were both in their early 30's, making them ~13 years older than me. we got along great, and they were a blast to hang out with.

anyways, i realize that dating and working with someone older are two different things. after spending a few years around older, mature adults, i grew up a lot! a lot of my friends have told me i act 40. :hs:

age is just a number... i'd date someone older if they were mature and didn't have any baggage (ie divorced, kids, etc...)

12. lauren

lauren Active Member

chica, you were lucky to be working with such mature guys. i was a shift manager for an internship at anhieserbusch where i oversaw guys in the testing plant. i was 21, most of the guys were in their 30s...and didnt take too well to being intrusted by a younger female. not saying there were any probs...just that we didnt quickly become buddy buddy or anything. this however probably has more to do with differences in socio-economics and gender than it does age.

13. Reign

Reign Banned

My GF is 18 and I'm 23. She's much very mature for her age in alot of ways and not in others but I still like her ALOT. However, I'm also very much immature for my age. I have gotten all that lame partying every night and gettind drunk/high out of my system though. We both appreciate each other in alot of ways and support each other emotionally. I try to stay within 5 years of my age though and I'm a year short of her cut off at +/- 6 years.

14. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Going the other way, I dated a woman that was 10 years older than me for about 3 years.
    When we started dating I was 20, she was 30. She was divorced, but no kids, she had been through a lot of crap, that her ex husband and ex boyfriends had put her through. They all seemed to beat her, in the very least emotinally abusive, I on the other hand was very caring and compasionate, never once raised my hand and was always very supportive of her, even when she did some things that I did not agree with.
    I think it would have worked out, if it were not for the fact that she didn't know how to deal with me, being someone who treated her like a human, like an equal, she wasn't used to it and, as she recently revealed to me, it scared her. Other areas of the relationship, we were great. We both had very similar beliefs and desires, we just had probalems being 100% open with each other, we were at about the 95% open, which is better than any of my other relationships. :hs:

Basically what I'm trying to say here is, it's not the age, it's the maturity that matters.

15. Thanks for the replies guess 33 ain't tooo old eh

Older women 35 plus even women in their 50s constantly hit on me and women who are say maybe 21 25 don't hit on me no where near as much as the older ones do so I thought to myself is 33 ( in July ) Old ? I am not getting the younger babes like I used to so now I'm stating to feel like an old man.

I don't know why but it seems like women mature faster then men do so a younger man who is dating an older woman would kind of average out if the woman were say maybe 8 years younger then the guy she is dating so I wouldn't think that an 8 year age gap would be that big a deal but then again I don't know so figured I'd ask and get a woman's opinion on the matter.

I prefer younger women because they are easier to train then the older ones But then again older women have more experience in the bedroom and don't seem to nag as much as younger women do.

So I guess.... it would be fair to say that there would be nothing wrong with a 33 years old man dating a 24 year old woman...

Now if she was 18 and the guy was 27 that would be a Lil different guess it just depends on the woman.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2005
  16. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Females hit sexual maturity before males, that may be what causes the what you're describing

17. Amanda Renee

Amanda Renee New Member

i am alot more mature than most people my age ... im going to be 21 in two weeks and i feel and act like i am 30 or something. i have realized lately that i am more compatable with old men anyway. i dated a guy that was 30 when i was 18 for a little while. that didnt work out but i wouldnt mind dating someone now that was much older.

18. D

D A guiltless state of self awareness.. The process

I just posted this in another thread. My last love interest was forty two. I'm thirty one, & my current SO is twenty four.
    When I was a teen I always went for older guys. Then, in my twenties, I mostly went for guys closer to my age. Now that I'm in my thirties there seems to be a wider range of singles. Anything over twenty three, & under fifty... pretty much.