Question for the girls regarding pua books

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by i would eat, Apr 7, 2008.

1. i would eat

i would eat New Member

any of the girls in vag ever read pua stuff?
    in your opinion is the material really good?
    any bullshit in it?
    no discussion about canned material please :rolleyes:

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I don't care to read that...I've unfortunately had to experience and hear plenty of it :dunno:

3. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

I pretty much thinks all pretty bogus, and used as a way for guys who feel socially awkward to gain a bit of confidence, but mostly as a way for the authors to roll in a lot of dough. I just skip over everything here that talks about that shit.

4. Srdjan

Srdjan Guest

Here's my perspective on it, but I'm a guy so take it with a grain of salt.

There's a lot of good information in those books, but you have to know how to use it right. PUAs get a bad name because 90% of the guys that read that shit just memorize it. What you're supposed to do is learn the concepts, and then use your own instinct on how to properly utilize those concepts. The canned material is just a way for the gurus to make a quick buck, and the clueless males eat that shit up.

5. i would eat

i would eat New Member

but the pua's know what they are talking about?
    they make it sound so simple :p

6. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

If they made it sound hard, would they sell any books?

7. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

the community started out largely not for profit.

now that it's for profit, yeah, there are sharks all over the place.

picking up women is a skillset...

i will say this.

i've never seen women so up in arms about anything in my life.

in addition, no woman can believe she was "picked up" - too much Ego, as you can see in this thread - so even if you "reveal" where you're coming from, it doesn't matter.

8. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I never said it wasnt a skill, or that I couldnt be picked up, nor do I consider that by implying some were in it for profit that I was "up in arms". Money makes the world go 'round - even when your trying to "help" people.

If thats what a guy needs to get himself out there and talking to chicks, getting what he wants from them, etc, more power to him. There are so many guys who have zero confidence when it comes to women that I consider almost anything that gets them out there a good thing.

9. JohnJohnJohnson

I didn't say you specifically were "up in arms", and I didn't say that if you were up in arms, you would self-identify as being up in arms.

It's just true in general for women, re: PUA stuff.

10. Zephyr

Zephyr New Member

If you try to say the examples in the book and follow it you will fail. That shit is basically what you use sparingly to put the icing on the cake. You have to make game yourself and practice to get good at that, PUA just throws some pointers/tips, such as what areas of a girl are sensitive to touch and right things to say when the opportunity comes. I kinda go with the flow, all that shit is in the back of my mind.

I will say this, it is 110% possible for the most awkward, anti-social nerd to become a perfect baller within 2 months (summer). I'm an example. I went from never even flirting with girls to having 3 girlfriends in 1 year just because of confidence. You have that and girls love you man.

So just be extremely confident, walk around with your chest out, pretend like you're the shit and you will become the shit. And for girls, ignoring the hot ones tends to work really well. I pretend they aren't there, don't make eye contact when passing by, it makes them feel awkward about themselves since everyone usually gives attention and you're not.

So go research and study the hell out of David DeAngelo, PUA, askmen.com, and get a bunch of conversation starters and how to carry them and be funny. Go out and practice it. Make it a Summer goal like I did. It works.

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

of course women don't like it, as the material is contrary to their best interests

women want to know how to deal with YOU, but they don't want YOU to know how to deal with HER

12. kiri

kiri New Member

i think it's a really good way for guys to pick up dumb girls/bar sluts. any woman of intelligence could see right through it (unless she's desperate for attention, in which case she might see through it but go along with it anyway).

i know the books have some advantages, like guys getting more confident, but they shouldn't interpret it very rigidly... use it to become comfortable talking to women and then just act like a normal person.

13. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

This is how I see it to. A 200 page book has 10 pages of things that might give someone some new ideas or make them see things differently. The other 190 pages are fluff they throw in so they can call it a book and sell for hundred of dollars/make their fanboys wet themselves that they now have a new book to read so they have more material to impress the internet with.

I have respect for those people who have read the books and become a better version of themselves (they now have confidence in themselves). Unfortunately that is probably only 1% of the books audience. The keyboard jockeys are even more pathetic then they were before they read the books.

Edit: I think girls should read "The Game" though, that is just an entertaining book. And is a story instead of a How To manual to get into a girls pants.

14. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

you say this exact same thing pretty much once a month. Ive been keeping track. Not once have I seen you say anything particularly insightful, demonstrated any spectacular cognitive ability, nor even so much as exhibited an above average grasp of the english language. You are not a genius. There are girls in bars and clubs that are smarter then you. stop talking shit at every opportunity.

15. Climbing Cracker

Climbing Cracker I am the Devil. And I am here to do the Devil's w

wtf is PUA?

16. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

17. Climbing Cracker

Climbing Cracker I am the Devil. And I am here to do the Devil's w

18. kiri

kiri New Member

:hsugh:

well obviously if i'm not displaying any spectacular cognitive ability on a message board that i visit for fun and entertainment, judged by someone whom i've never spoken to, i must be totally wrong about my conception of my own intelligence and that of others :hsugh:

unless i'm totally mistaken, the threadstarter was asking for womens' openions about PUA books. i am a woman, i have read a little of the material, and i was bored in class so i figured i'd give my opinion.

sure there are girls that are smarter than me in bars and clubs. those aren't the girls i was referring to in my post. i think everyone knows what i mean when i say "bar slut" and "dumb girl", and it's clear that i wasn't putting them down at all, i was merely referring to that particular category of women.

and, not to toot my own horn, but yes, i am well above average intelligence. yes, i'm aware of it, but no, i don't talk shit at every opportunity. so don't make a completely irrelevant post putting me down when you don't know anything about me and i'm merely giving my opinion on what is supposed to be a serious forum where people can give opinions free from ridicule. asshole.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  19. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:rofl:
    she insulted you? Oh man...that's rich. I thought you were more stable than that antihero.

And for the record, I think you're dead wrong. I've read her posts in the past and she's obviously not dumb....nor does she seem arrogant to me...something I think you're implying with your posts. She actually seems quite cool and not deserving of such harsh criticism.

20. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Don't worry about him...he's just trying to get in your pants. :)

21. kiri

kiri New Member

thanks homie :h5:

22. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

picard.jpg

23. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I think that actually is the crucial differentiation that im looking for. If you had just said "dumb girl" then I would have no issue with you. Why do you, yet again, throw them out there like they are interchangeable terms? It's so annoying that people can't let girls have a little fun without disrespecting their intelligence or character.

24. JohnJohnJohnson

what would you know? :rofl:

have you tried picking up any girls recently?

intelligent girls are easier to pick-up because they try to apply themselves to conversations. at least in my experience and many others'.

dumb, "party" girls have ADD and you have to basically snap your fingers and shine a flashlight in their face to capture their attention long enough.

25. JohnJohnJohnson

dude... unless you are trolling, this is a terrible question.

you are essentially asking people, "would these TRICKS fool you? does this kind of performance succeed at MANIPULATING your emotions?"

if you asked me that... I would say "fuck no" just out of having a normal sense of pride.

terrible question