Question for SINGLE GUYS:

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Falconer, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Do you guys have trouble finding chicks who aren't texting and/or Twittering constantly on their cell phone constantly? ZOMG MOBILE UPDATES!!! It's all I see, everywhere.

Even my gf is starting to do it a lot. It's annoying. Remote Twitter and Facebook updates like 5 times a day. I know that's not much compared to the techno kitty emo kids who do it constantly, but it's annoying. And her phone constantly goes off when she gets a Tweet or whatever, but it's funny because most of the people on her Twitter are like Stephen Colbert or Conan or other TV people, or CNN, they send out a lot of updates.

It would drive me fucking nuts if I was dating a girl who did it constantly. It's like, I have ANOTHER disqualifier to add to my list: cannot be a text/twitter/status update addict. Isn't my list already long enough?

I guess I should get a Twitter account so I can tell people when I'm taking a shit or whatever. Maybe my anti-social personality type doesn't quite understand why I think people should care if I'm watching my favorite TV series and want to post it on my Twitter.

Wait, is it just social pinging?

I mean, I never used to call my friends and be like "dude, right now I'm watching this awesome TV show! Ok bye!" I would just tell them about it next time we hung out in person.

Am I being an old man?

/rant

2. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

yes and no

yes in that you so easily disqualify twitter and fb status

no in that you're right, bitches overdo it

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I don't care about updating status, but some people do it ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

omg i'm talking to my mom! *update status*

ok now I'm in the bathroom *update status*

ok, now I'm reading a book *update status*

lol my cat just jumped on my lap *update status*

I'm wondering what I should make for dinner *update status*

^ all of that in a 10 minute timeframe.

4. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

I don't think you're being an old man about it but I also think I'm kind of out of touch with the rest of my generation since I don't use twitter or facebook.

5. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: Same here. Personally I find it rude (and I don't mean big tits) when I'm trying to have a conversation with someone and they're staring down at their cell phone tapping away at it the whole time.

I do also think some girls use it as a way to appear unapproachable. If they look like they're busy because they're engrossed in their phones, guys aren't going to be as likely to walk up to them and say hi or start a conversation because they don't want to interrupt someone who may be doing something actually important.

Yes, I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again: our generation has managed to socially repress itself. We can't seem to interact verbally as well as we used to because we'd rather text/tweet/update status -- or at least most of us.

Frankly, I don't get the appeal of putting my life out there on the internet for the world to see, fully attached to my real name and identity. Nobody gives that much of a flying fuck about me, and I don't give a flying fuck about anyone else when it comes to the minutia that most people put on their facebook/twitter accounts. They're really quite pointless mediums outside of reporting breaking news that is actually relevant.... and that's rarely what they're used for.

6. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: i made a myspace awhile ago to see what the fuss was about but i barely ever use it. i don't really get the fascination :dunno:

i'd be pretty :ugh: if i was hanging out with friends and they felt the need to constantly post what they were doing on twitter/fb. enjoy spending time with the people you are with, talk to your e-buddies later

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

lol i do that :o

sometimes i have to stand around somewhere waiting for people or whatever and i don't wanna be hit on by strangers. i find it awkward and uncomfortable so i'd rather just look busy so people don't bother me

8. Mugen92GS-R

Mugen92GS-R New Member

No duh that's annoying. Luckily, my SO and I don't really update our 'statuses' that frequently. At least, we won't post useless shit about our lives that no one cares about. Personally, I'm not a fan of airing my dirty laundry in public. If shits wrong in my life or something, i'm gonna want to fix it myself, not air it out in public :dunno:

9. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Falc, you rant about so much that it's hard to take any of it seriously anymore. Who gives a crap if someone updates twitter all the time? If you don't have twitter then I don't see how it affects you. And if you do have twitter then you signed up for that shit. :dunno:

10. lauren

lauren Active Member

:werd:

11. Kyoko

Kyoko New Member

Thanks to fucking Facebook and Twitter, this generation is completely handicapped on the mechanics of suffering in mute dignity.

I don't have a fancy phone. I limit myself to 1000 texts a month just so I don't turn into those people who text one-word replies, like "lol" or whatever.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Haven't heard this great phrases in decades!!! :h5: :bowdown:

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Please put me on your IL.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  14. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

The girl that I used to hang out would get a text every five minutes.

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

And it was annoying, wasn't it.

16. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

We weren't together so no.

However, this other girl I went out on a date years ago was in the same case and it was annoying back then.

17. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

All depends on if she checks them or not. Was on a date and she kept texting her friend :ugh: Plus she had a really annoying ring tone that she would let play the entire song clip every single fucking time.

But also had more than a few times, where they'd get a lot of texts but they'd ignore them because they were with me.

18. Toxica

Toxica New Member

I find it annoying when my friends do that when I'm hanging out with them. I usually wait until I'm at home to text people back because I'm sure it would annoy other people and I feel a little rude.

I noticed the last time I went to the movies, this girl and guy were sitting in a row in front of me. The girl was texting nonstop throughout the whole movie. :ugh: I don't see how she even knew what was going on in the movie, and I felt sorry for her date.

19. lawngn0me

lawngn0me In every wish and dream and happy home, you will f

When I'm hanging out with a girl and she's constantly on her phone, I threaten to take it away. I'm not afraid to call her out on it. "Hey, you do realize that I came out here to hang with YOU, right? I didn't come out here just so you could play on your phone all night." Once I do tell them I'll take it away, the night is usually more pleasant.

I mean, I don't mind twitter and all of that other stuff so long as people use it appropriately. Twitter wasn't meant to ever replace texting or anything. People just use this shit in the stupidest ways possible.

20. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: What do you expect? You two already text all day about nothing, of course she's going to be checking her phone constantly for instant gratification.

21. Swipe

Swipe New Member

I think it's really interesting that people are constantly twittering and facebooking. In our current day we're more singular as people than we ever have been before. Everybody just sits in their homes watching tv or on the computer. At the same time though they're making this weird, twisted outreach to other people through social networking sites so they don't have to actually be there physically. So you get the best (or worst) of both worlds. I think it's really interesting that people are beginning to use SN sites to replace actual human interaction. I'm really excited to see where this leads. Age of the social recluse?

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Oh, that's been toned down a bit now. I guess I see why you would draw that conclusion tho.

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Borg :noes:

24. THoC

THoC New Member

its not something that bothers me so i guess i dont take notice of it.

25. Arkaybee

Arkaybee New Member

One thing that pisses me off even more is when they answer the phone when you are in the middle of a conversation. A girl I dated a while back used to do this ALL THE TIME. We would be a drive somewhere or having dinner or whatever and her phone would ring. She'd answer it and end up replacing our conversation with whoever she was talking to. What pissed me off even more is if we were in the car when she picked up the call, she'd turn down the radio. Bitch, I want to do the following is this order:
    Talk to you
    Listen to the radio
    shove bamboo shoots under my fingernails
    listen to you talk to your sister on the phone

My buddy is a major texter as well. He can't ever put his damn phone down. Even when we are in a movie he will be hunched over in his seat texting people. Drives me nuts.