Question for iBook owners

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ZZex, Jan 4, 2005.

1. ZZex

ZZex New Member

Hello everybody :) I'm considering doing the switch from PC to Mac. My widescreen laptop is just too big to take to campus so I believe the iBook is for me. The question I have is:

1) Do you guys recommend buying from the Apple Store or Apple.com?

2) How do they verify that I am a student on Apple.com?

3) Did the shipment take long from Apple.com?

4) For those that bought it in the store, do you regret it? (weird question, sorry, lol).

If the shipment at Apple.com takes about 2-3 days, then that would be great, but I have a feeling it won't. I hope to join you guys more at the Mac Shack :wavey:

2. POScar

POScar Believe in OFFTOPIC

1) Apple.com

2) No proof needed (serious you just select your school)

3) my ibook took 3 days

4) n/a

3. Yardsale

Yardsale OT Supporter

:bigthumb:

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

When I called, they wanted the school, student ID, campus email addy, etc. I don't know if they verify any of it, but they asked for it.

5. diranged

diranged New Member

Either apple.com or the Apple store are fine. I bought my 14" iBook from Apple.com and had it within days. I bought the 12" iBook and got it instantly. Both of them had student discounts and I never had to provide proof.

oh and the 12" has the same resolution of the 14", so I think its a nicer laptop for school. But they are both kick ass..

6. Rick

Rick New Member

Check out the Apple Store so you can test it out and get a feel for it. I am assuming you have an Apple Store where you live.

7. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Well, if you are truly a student, I would go get it from the Apple store. You'll have to pay tax online or in the store, so there is no win there. That way you will have instant gratification. If you aren't a student, just find a college nearby and choose it on the Apple store. That's all you have to do for the discount. If you are questioning whether to get one, at least stop in a store and check it out to get a feel for it and order it when you get home online if you're not a student. If I had the extra dough just laying around, I would get a 12" iBook for the road since they are so damn affordable now. Like mentioned above, it has the same resolution as the 14". And when you see them in person you will see how small they are without making the keyboard cramped. Very pimp.

8. ZZex

ZZex New Member

Yeah, i'm really a student. I've been visiting the Apple store a lot this week and it's just remarkable how damn small this thing is. It looks so nice :wiggle:
    iBook, here I come!

9. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

I would just pick it up in store then. No point in waiting. Just to be on the safe side, I would wait 1 week until after the Mac expo to see if there are any changes to the iBooks. Never know what in the hell Apple will enviel.