question for girls...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by goldfish, Feb 1, 2007.

1. goldfish

goldfish New Member

i've been on the pill for over a year, and my period has always been consistent. well this month my period is a few days late and i took a pregnancy test just because i was freaking out..it turned out negative, but why didnt my period come? has this happened to anyone else? :dunno: i should probably just call my gyno but i hate going there....

2. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Ok, so how late are you? Are you already off the pills you take during your period and on to the next pack? Have you been having unprotected sex?

I've heard that this can happen sometimes, but I would definitly check with your doctor, even if its just a call. Alot of offices will let you talk to the nurse if you just have a question about medication and whatever instead of having to go in for a visit.

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You really need to check with your doctor. It is quite possible for you to be pregnant and get a negative pregnancy test. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

4. bloodredsakura

bloodredsakura New Member

I've been on the pill for 3 years, and I always start on the same day and same time every month. But every now and then I start about 2 days late. I don't know why it happens, but I think it might be normal.

5. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Whenever my ex girlfriend and I had sex close to her period, it would almost always cause her to start a couple days later than usual :dunno:

6. Bella

Bella New Member

I dont think she's preggo if she got her period a couple days later than normal. With me for example I for two years got it around the same 3 days but then I missed a WHOLE MONTH a couple times. not just once but twice with no pregnancy. I think your fine, also if you've been stressed with anything that prolongs it too. Bottom line if your really worried about it get it checked out for a calm mind. :)

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:dunno: It sounds like she hasn't gotten her period at all to me, that it is still late. That was my interpretation though :hsd:

8. sassy1

sassy1 perfusion?

certain stressorr can cause the body to delay when it comed to that

9. ahtnamas

ahtnamas OT Supporter

I had mine skip a few times. I'd say maybe three times? But I have been on BC pills for five years. Get another test, and if that comes up negative, go see a doctor. You probably AREN'T pregnant. But, go either way. And continue to take your pills as you would regardless of the fact that you didn't bleed, or you'll screw the whole cycle up.

Good luck.

10. bs2100

bs2100 New Member

I had a gf that would have some periods come weeks late. But with her it was most likely because she'd be stressed out as is, then the period would be a little late, then she'd get even more stressed out and it'd just snowball.

11. fray

fray New Member

I was coming here to say stress too....

12. gtkitten

gtkitten New Member

Three years on the pill is a long time it could be that its not effective any more and that you might be pregnant. My period changes every few months by a few days it depends on the stresses in my life. I have gotten a false neg on a pregnancy test so I would definitely call the doctor.

13. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

That is what I was saying too. It is possible for her to be pregnant even though she has gotten negative pregnancy tests. I got plenty with this pregnancy before I finally got my positive test.

It is also possible for it just to be caused by stress. NONE of us can tell her this for sure, so she needs to take another test and see her doctor.

14. hi2u2

hi2u2 New Member

it happens. sometimes the meds arent all made to the exact potency each time, once i switched the times i was taking the pills which caused delay in my period.

take a pregnancy test again just to be sure, and dont take the pills if it comes out positive. good luck

15. gtkitten

gtkitten New Member

Nothing beats a blood test make an appointment for the doctors

16. goldfish

goldfish New Member

thanks guys...so i talked to the doc and she wasnt worried since i just recently (about 2 months ago) switched to a lower hormonal pill...she said if it didn't come in the next few months, then i should be concerned...wheeeewww! i am so relieved! thanks for all your input!