question for girls: what is it about taking sexy pics

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by NCS, Nov 7, 2006.

1. NCS

NCS Active Member

i'm referring to the typical pic of a few girls in some home posing sexy and taking pics of themselves. these are the pics that end up in the would u hit it posts in the main forum.

exactly why does this happen and what is the mentality behind it?

example:

girl1: hey lets take some pics to go get more attention on myspace
    girl2: ok let me get my slutty nurse outfit
    girl3: sounds great but i dont have a slutty outfit
    girl4: thats ok just show some more skin
    girl3: ok!! sounds good

<snaps pics>
    <posts up pics on the net>

there's something in this scenario that makes no sense to me (cuz im a guy). basically is it 100% pre-meditated that these pics are to lure guys/attention on the internet and this is a fun activity for them, and compromising integrity is an acceptable cost for the emotional/psychological pleasure involved?

i'm just digging deep into the attention whore needs and wondering how much of it is conscious

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Out of curiosity, why does it matter to you?

3. Bella

Bella New Member

Wow great words there slick! Honestly no chick wants to really get that attention that you guys post on the main forum. If a girl wants to take a sexy pic(s), most of the time its for our SO. IF by some chance that SO and her were to break up and he still has access to these pics more than likely he'll post them for the world to see.

As far as a chick wanting the attention and put themselves up there, I can't answer that. Maybe it makes them feel better to be wanted, I know in FS we all post pics there but only because we have the same interests in our lifestyle. Not because we want attention solely on ourselves, but to share with one another the same things.

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Some women have low self esteem . Taking picks and putting them up on the net may get them the comments they are looking for. Even pretty girls can have self esteem problems to the point where they feel the NEED strangers to tell them how pretty or sexy they are. Most of them have no interest in doing it for the guy, its for themselves, for the attention they get.

Its understandable. OUr culture has taught women they have to be physically appealing to make it somewhere in life. Some women are constantly looking for that reassurance that they are physically attractive.

Some women just like to take pics because they like to tease...its not about self esteem, but more about the power they know they have.

5. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

some girls like to get feedback, the attention (whether it be negative or bad)

maybe some chicks are proud of their bodies and don't really care about showing it off.

it's like monkey see, monkey do: when one girl does it, all the other girls have to follow. sometimes it's sort of even like a competition.

6. NCS

NCS Active Member

pure curiosity, we're all on OT to waste time, more or less :)

7. NCS

NCS Active Member

i'm only referring to the ones who post pics like this up to be seen, on purpose (like on myspace). taking pics for SO, i understand that mentality. i'm in FS too, and i grasp the pic sharing mentality there too. i'm questioning the omg, lets get dressed slutty, take pics together, and post it up on myspace, and trying to understand exactly whats going on in the head of one of these girls. need for validation comes to mind, for example.

8. Bella

Bella New Member

I dunno about those chicks, just seems like they want some attention to get that confidence, power whatever. I don't understand the sluttiness at all on purpose :ugh:

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Cuz they're attention whores.

edit - and probably have low self esteem.

edit - and might be actual whores, too.

10. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Look at the age range of thegirls who put these in myspace. My guess would be that it's mainly late teens and early 20's right?

11. JJM Enterprises

JJM Enterprises New Member

While it's interesting to wonder and debate about WHY it happens...

The point is, who cares, it's nice to have sexy pics to browse through once in awhile!

But really, it's probably all based on a competition thing. Females love to compete, just in different ways than males. Males (for the most part) take up sports, drinking, gambling, fighting, etc when competing... girls (in many instances) compete to see who will want them most, who they can look better than, etc. Jealousy is a bitch!

12. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Just wondering if it was that or if there was some ulterior motive :)

13. lauren

lauren Active Member

i think a lot of the situations, are coed. guys do a good bit of encouranging. plus, they think its cute.

14. NCS

NCS Active Member

yeah i agree with this and most of the stuff in here what i'm wondering is the thought pattern involved before actually doing it. does it actually go to the point of an attention whore waking up, going "hmm i think after school today ill invite over some friends to get half-undressed and take pics so everyone can drool over me?" or is it backwards-rationalized in a "it just happened" type way. i.e. slutty friends get invited over (everyone has a social life especially drama lovers) and its like ZOMG there's a camera and HAHAHAH it would be so funny to take slutty pics and HAHAHAHA Lets all pretend we're laughing about it and post it online. in other words, the "it was just fun/it just happened" is the conscious defense mechanism for the real need to be desired.