Question for Bike Commuters

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ragnarok, Jan 12, 2005.

1. ragnarok

ragnarok nuclear launch detected

When you stop by a Brick and Mortar store (Best, Buy, Supermarket, 7-Eleven) watever.... do you park in a car parking spot or on the pavement in front of the store?

2. metallikatz56

metallikatz56 New Member

It depends on the local laws. Some areas allow you to park against the building, as long as it is well away from doors, loading areas, high-traffic areas, etc.
    I used to work at a retail store, and I parked my bike between the entrance and exit doors.

3. DJMunich

DJMunich American Eurotrash

Depends on the building...

My local BestBuy has a spot for bicycles, so I just take that up (it's on the sidewalk at the front of the store). Other places, like 7-11 I wouldn't dream of doing it, especially cuz cops like to hang around/get coffee & donuts at 'em.

But really, it also depends on if I'm feeling rowdy enough to beat some ass if somebody says something. Usually I just park in a spot...

4. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Almost always park in a space. Only times I park on the sidewalk is if I'm at Home Depot on a saturday and there's zero parking.

5. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

you can park it anywhere as long as you arent blocking anything (an enterance, cars, sidewalk etc.) Thats what a cop told me.

6. Orestes

Orestes Guest

just curious, why take a bike to home depot? how are you supposed to carry any items back.

7. SlickStick

SlickStick New Member

I'm sure this will vary state to state...I better lookup Florida statute I may be missing out on some close spots :noes:

8. Bret The Ripper

Bret The Ripper I

Ive parked on several walkways in front of stores, and i havent been riding that long.

The only place that gets pissy is the local Mall.

9. ragnarok

ragnarok nuclear launch detected

bike is my daily.... i just need to grab a few small items (usually tools for working on the bike)... easily fits in backpack

10. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

I park on the sidewalk whenever I can get away with it - too many cars don't respect your bike in a parking spot. It is like we don't exist and have no right to parking spots, lanes etc.

11. Huntmoney

Huntmoney New Member

I always park it somewhere indescrete by the door, but out of the way where people would really have to have it out for me to run into it or scratch it up. I've had multiple friends park in spots and have had cars pullinto the spots not seeing the bike and tap it over then reverse it and leave. No thanks for me on that one.