Question For anyone with a modded PS2...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Three00ZeeX, Oct 17, 2002.

1. Three00ZeeX

Three00ZeeX Guest

ok i want to play "backups" on my PS2 so i got the internal chip and its installed...now what do i need? i know i need a gameshark but what is that? i looked on ebay and some are just the CD and say i need a "dongle"...whats the dongle? i cant find it anywhere...how much should i cost? thanks

2. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

ok u need gameshark...a gameshark comes in a blue and black box or ps2, and you should be able to get it at any big electronics store (best buy, circuit city, etc.). the dongle is a thing that looks lke a memory card and gets put in your memory card slot, but it is needed for the gameshark to work. you put the gameshark cd in and the dongle, go to start, without codes, ejec the gameshark cd, swap the cd-r in, close the cd tray, and wait until the bubbles in the background of the gameshark screen move again (you will see what i mean when you atually do it), the hit x, and the game should load. the dongle and gameshark cd are all in the same package, as that is the "gameshark". hope this helps and if you have any questions (including where to get games) pm me.