MIL Question for anyone who's been in Iraq

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sandlapper, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Sandlapper

Sandlapper Nothing is Finer, than Carolina!

We're sending my nephew some electronics and my question is what do I need to buy for the electrical outlets. What type of converters do we need to buy?

2. FATBOY

FATBOY OT Supporter

Just make sure that power supply for the electronics are able to accept 120-220V. Alot of the outlets over here are 220V. Most bases have transformers too. I don't know if you can buy the adapters for the outlets used out here in the states. Most of the time they are bought from the BX/PX in theater.

This is what most of the outlets look like over here.

[​IMG]

This is what the adapters look like.

[​IMG]

If you want, you can buy him a couple those for him.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  3. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

I wouldn't send him or her any converters, he'll have them... and have the right ones already so don't worry about it. Just send him the electronics.

4. AltimaNX

AltimaNX New Member

Most guys get converters over there from the unit they are replacing, at least my company did. If not every PX sells them for real cheap.

5. rbyrne823

rbyrne823 New Member

converter he should have, but if u want send him one anyway that the guys above are discribing just to make sure he has one, just send him some ziplock bags with it otherwise the sand will get all inside of it and ruin it when its not being used. Also a tape recorder with one or two blank tapes is a cool idea, besides letters i used one of thoes with my family and girlfriend so we could hear each others voices, they had one of the same recorders at home so they could play the tape when they recieved it from me.

6. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

For you guys getting stationed overseas (Germany / Italy mainly, I suppose) I've found some pretty nifty stuff over at www.110220volt.com