Question for all you Windos XP Wiz's

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Cornrow Wallace, May 29, 2008.

1. Cornrow Wallace

Cornrow Wallace New Member

so lately i have been going through my old pc game's library and i have come across a few games i wanna install and enjoy like i did back in the day. so i pop the cd in install the game and try to run it but it tells me that i need like 98 mb of virtual memory and some other BS. i know for a fact i got more then enough to run these low end windows 98/ME games so my question to you guys is if theres a way i can somehow run this game without getting this message "Insufficient pagefile space. Please ensure that Virtual Memory is enabled and that you have more then 96 Mb disk space free on your pagefile drive before running Sacrifice."

the games in question are Sacrifice by interplay and shiny IND. and Soldier of Fortune the very first SOF that started it all for SOF2 and that piece of shit game SOF payback. so again any light you guys can shed on this problem so i can get my SACRIFICE ON AGAIN would greatly be appreciated

2. Cornrow Wallace

Cornrow Wallace New Member

whoops can i get a mod to move this to gamers pulse please

3. mattATX

mattATX OT Supporter

can you right click on the icon and hit run in windows 98 compatability mode?

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

It's not likely to work. Most programs (especially games) written for non-NT versions of Windows use lots of shortcuts and cheap tricks to get done what they need to get done, and those security holes aren't present in XP.

Try creating a virtual machine running Windows 98, and install your games on that.

5. Doomsday

Doomsday XXX

old games usually has problems addressing anything near 2GB
    try downloading a patch or reduce your page file