Question concerning sound cards...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lateralus, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Does a sound card influence the quality of MP3's that you rip on your computer? I ask because I've noticed that albums I download tend to sound a little louder than the music I rip on to my computer. I rip all my music at the same quality that you find online, so I was just wondering. I also have on board sound right now (not bad) but I am planning on upgrading to a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz next month.

2. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

wont be a big different.. its more likely a different program that ripped the music.

3. Gaylord Focker

Gaylord Focker 8=oOOo=D ~ ~ ~

makes no difference at all. the only thing that affects quality is the way you encode it. the sound card plays absolutely no role when you make an mp3

4. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Ok thanks for clearing that up, those of you that use CDex what are your encoder settings?

5. Seeker

Seeker Guest

If the volume is your only concern, you can use MP3Gain to adjust it. I've never actually used it but it seems to do the job.

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

6. FreeSpace

FreeSpace Guest

Go for the Turtle Beach. Creative lost me after their fucking Vibra 128 and Live! cards crashed my ASRock board like a '91 Kia.

Turtle Beach = God. The Audigy 2 ZS is an overpriced piece of shit, IMO.