SRS Question concerning Lortab 10

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Teh Jebus, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Teh Jebus

Teh Jebus Active Member

I had oral surgery today, and my dentist has gotten me a perscription of Lortab 10. I googled it and got some information on it, but it wasn't too usefull. Most sites just said it was a slightly less potent form of vicodin.

I come from a family of addicts. My dad smokes weed, does heroin, and pops his perscription Vicodin pills. My sister is the same, only she also does crystal meth. So I've always been on the side of not doing drugs, and that's pretty much included painkillers of any kind. I have a fear of getting addicted. When I broke my wrist 2 years ago, I completely shattered the bones, and abosuletly refused to take any medication the hospital would perscribe me. Well, the pain in my mouth right now is just bullshit. And I have this pill bottle infront of me, and I'm tempted to take it, but the fear of addiction is getting to me. I don't want to get addicted.

So, pretty much my question is...Has anyone taken it? Is it addicting at all? How addicting? Sorry if you don't think this belongs here, but I couldn't find any answers aroud the web. :hsd:

2. bl4ck

bl4ck the hopeless romantic

Lortab is basically vicodin.

Vicodin is commonly known to come in a combination: 5mg hydrocodone and 500mg-750mg acetaminophen (basically tylenol). Lortab is 7.5mg hydrocodone-10mg hyrdo. and 500mg acetaminophen. It is highly addictive if you take it for a prolonged period of time (3 weeks or so). If you're taking it just to relieve pain for a short time you should have no troubles.

3. Blackout

Blackout Like a ram getting ready to jam a lamb.

If youre taking the prescribed dose at the suggested intervals you shouldnt have a problem.

4. Bean

Bean Guest

I agree with Blackout, as long as you are taking it as prescribed, you shouldn't have a problem.

5. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

I agree as well, Lortab is an opiate similar to vicodin. Take it as it's prescribed, and you should be fine.