LGBT Question... Am I unattractive or something?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Drloveless, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

So ok, I have been single for almost 2 years now since i broke up with my ex ( 2 year disaster). I... am actually having trouble getting a date... and its racking my brain... I m not into the whole pretty boy thing, I dress the way I feel, so... I guess what I am saying is you guys be the judges, here is me, 3 days ago...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 2500

2500 Guest

your hats crooked :rolleyes:

3. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

Thanks :rofl: but in all honestly, I am really dumbfounded as to why I can t find a date. I have matured alot since my last relationship, but i am starting to think that I have come to expect too much of people and such. Anyways, Its late and I am having a hard time thinking, so here is my myspace, www.myspace.com/konrad85er, its a little more inciteful then myself at the moment.

4. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

Better yet , doesa anyone here want to go on a date? LOL I ll be moving to Pasedena in Sept.... Goodbye Canada for good !

5. Carrots

Carrots New Member

You're not unattractive at all. If men/women aren't interested in you, it's not because of your looks.

6. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I really prefer E30's to E36's. :dunno:

405's are neat.

7. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

Its funny though, everyone is different and its impossible to please each and every person you meet. One thinks youre too needy, another will say youre too outgoing, the third will say youre not outgoing enough, you care too much, you care too little.

Lately i ve began to think and behave solely on my own persona , not catering my behaviour to the needs of others, and well, its gotten me more attention, but its never lasting.

I say "I love cars", they say "I love *insert whatever*". I make an attempt to take interest in what they like, they leave me hanging, I don t bother to pursue. I can t be bothered to call over and over, I call once if someone asks me to, if they don t answer or call back, I don t make a second round.. Sorry I am just ranting random thoughts out here...

I am just curious as to what is going on in society? Im sure its not only the gay world that is littered with this problem. People hide on the internet and believe its not real, and its ok to blow people off. I don t believe that "online dating" is real anymore either. On the other hand, people are just as sketch in real life.

I wish though, that someone would magically just walk into my life and stay... I watch too many movies aparently, but I guess till that happens I won t be bothered to look for anyone.

RANT OVER.. I feel better getting that off my chest, its been eating at me the whole weekend, that and the fact that i spent my weekend installing a new exhaust into my car as the old one decided to grow maxi wings and fly free ... ( well , it just decided that the car was simply not good enough for it)

8. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

Thanks, I have 2 405s at the moment. The gold one is my current project, the other one is RIP for the moment. And I ll agree to E30s being > then E36s, something about those twin headlights with no cover gets to me. Hi, Im Konrad, it seems to me you like cars too LOL. :x:

The pic is outdated, I ve modded it a bit since, cross drilled rotors, Audi TT calipers, steel braided brakelines, custom Valeo projectors, depo corners, custom painted dash, ecosse group engine mounts, asc air intake, magnaflow twin tip stainless steel exhaust.

Soon to come: Full import euro mi16 bumpers, skirts and door trims, rear headrests, ecosse group supercharger, HIDs ( 6000k..not sure yet) Koni yellow coilovers and some cheap BBS knockoff rims.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  9. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Yessir. There are a few guys here that like cars. It's a good mix.

I think that you're trying too hard. Just do your own thing. You're less likely to encounter other gay people, but you'll meet some sweet people along the way. I would not trade my car buddies for anything. We share a common plight: finding an interesting girl is almost as hard as finding an interesting gay guy.

I guess people just have to be diverse in their interests, too. Being interested in cars and being obsessed with cars are two different things. Being gay and being obsessed with being gay are two different things. Loving music and being obsessed with music are two different things.... etc etc etc. Unfortunately people really become fixed on one thing and go with it. There's a lot out there. The most interesting people i know have so many different interests. I may have met them through a similar interest, but they have so many more things that they love. It makes them interesting.

And your car sounds sweet. Keep us posted. I'm sure a few people on nyspeed.com would like to see something like that. ;) I'm Corey btw. Or Goob. I go by either.

10. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

You can never please everyone. Your sense of being is specific to you. Show genuine emotion torwards what you feel and people can either accept you for whom you are or they will walk on by.

Instead of saying *I Love Cars* try... I'm into cars. I started to use the same lines and it drops the obsessive notion to what you are into. Dont always hold conversations about your ride [I use to and was left single for a few like you.] Enjoy your time with it and have fun in it to, but dont let it be the theme to your life.
    Online dating is one of those 'maybe he'll show up' sorta things. I have met some really nice guys on the web as well as some trolls. The world is kinda like a fruit cocktail... just dont know on how many cherries you'll get. And again, be true to who you are.
    Faith in people is what needs to be refilled with you [from what I gather.] Find a couple of nice guys to hang around and go from there. Your not bad loking at all and after reading your profile, I think you are some what of a sweetheart dare I say.

BTW Konrad... I'm Matt. I am into the vintage car scene in Florida.

11. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

Yeah, thats pretty much how it goes. But most people, looking for love just assume they have to find someone perfect in every way. Also, most of those, sound like excuses from the other party, which mean, Im bored, I want something else......Which is just a testament to a crappy mentality based around apathy derrived from western soicety....Ive dealt with it tons, and Im sure most everyone else here has, as well...so welcome to the family, we get toasters! :hug:

Def. a good choice, and try to stick with it. I guess dont look for ways that you fit with another person, interests, ideas, concepts. Try and discover them and bring them up...I know thats odd, I think Im confusing myself.

Ill agree with matt here, dont stress the car thing. The sad part is most car guys (that are gay) are heavily closeted. Definitley dont fake an interest, Ive found it better to be curious about it and let the person inform you. Everyone deserves one call back, but after that, If they dont wanna talk....no point in bugging em' any more I guess.

Ive had some luck with the internet. Then again, Ive read plenty of "im looking for love" profiles, and it turns out "what I want is a one-night-stand, really, and I told you love to get you to talk to me" Which sucks to go through. Ive dealt with the guys that just walk away from me, because im not cute enough, or the ones that are married and dont want their wife to know, and cant see you until Midnight or later. On the other side of the coin, I met my 3 1/2 year love (that Im still with) on the internet.....so I cant make a definitive answer on that one.

I think the problem with soicety as a whole, is that they are accepting the gay man, and the gay lifestyle, but they have a hard time accepting two gay folks dating. Look at all the stereotypical gay characters (past and present, with QAF as an exception) Their either a player, or practically married. Also way too many people are worried what others would think....for instance, I had an ex who wouldnt put his arm around me at a stoplight in a car without tinted windows, because he was afraid someone in a car next to us would see, and freak out.

Just so you know, you're not unattractive, your quite good looking. :)
    I can understand your frustration with the exhaust. As well as Matt I am a car guy, and I cant tell you how many times I helped replace the catalytic converter on my Family's 79 Fiat Convertable, because it hung low (wasnt designed for it) and it dropped of, or was critically damaged on a speed bump or railroad track.....eventually we just took it out altoghether.

I like the Pug's, but im not a beemer man (except maybe an E46). I have a modified Subaru Legacy GT, and a Project Volvo 760 Turbo....( I hear Volvo's).

I wish you luck around here, if you need to talk about anything, there is a lot of knowledge in this board, more than I can describe.

Oh yeah, Im Tony and I live in SW Florida....

12. XPX

XPX New Member

:run: another french car lover!

<---Owns a Renault :)

I say you are a 8/10, not unattractive at all...

13. XPX

XPX New Member

The E46 is the last beemer I like, new Beemers look like Hondas :hs:

14. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

DrLoveless,

You are attractive and seemingly interesting. Be patient. Someone will come along who you click with and all will be well in your world. I know that you are just getting out of a long relationship, and being alone can be shocking to those who are no longer accustomed to it. Take heart in the fact that even those individuals who end a long and miserable marriage go through a period of shock at the prospect of being alone. But they get through it. And so will you.

Welcome to our forum.

15. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

Thanks guys, This thread made me feel alot better, I really have no idea what made me post this last night, but I am kinda glad I did, atleast now I somewhat met , lol, ( i don t know any of yous yet) guys who share my interests! Its nice, really, and I think its going to be cool to chat with y'all :).

Im not desperate or anything, but I could really use some friends like you guys. Thanks for the warm welcome!

16. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

OK Fella's... now get the lube out and the rubbers... we gots ourselves a n00b here. Lets welcome him in now. ;)

17. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

Ummm.. LOL

18. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

Ahem, I just moved from Toronto to West Hollywood last week.

I will go on a date with you ;)

(you do think dating clergy is sexy, don't you? :dunno: )

:mamoru:

19. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

You look attractive to me.

But, it could be your personality... can't go just based on looks.

People respond to confident outgoing people with good senses of humor...

20. Sam Gamgee

I'm not attractive really... I'm overweight and have a small penis.
    But, I've never ever had a problem getting a date... woman or man... I think for two reasons:
    1) I'm confident and gregarious. And I love to laugh and make others laugh.
    2) I'll consider dating anyone... (not to say that I don't have standards... I do have standards... and I have a type. But, I also have an open mind to dating different/interesting people.)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  21. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I luv Sam.

22. Sam Gamgee

:kiss:

23. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

Hahahahahaha, okies, myspace me :p thats if you are teh cool and use myspace:squint: :rofl:

24. Sam Gamgee

I like your myspace... I just friend-requested you...

25. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

www.myspace.com/gaygodboy... only partially filled out though. :noes: