GUN Question/Advise/Help? Glock 17 + Tactical Light?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by HPS, Mar 10, 2004.

1. HPS

HPS I'm not fat, I'm poofy... :fawk:

I want to buy a tactical light for my Glock 17, the one that mounts right in front of the trigger guard. Problem is, mine does not have an accessory slide, so none of the ones I find will fit. Does anyone know of one that will work or that is made for the G17, 1st gen... :hs:

Mine...
    [​IMG]

2. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

You can get the magazine with the flashlight adapter, but the flashlight will be attatched to the bottom of the magazine.
    [​IMG]

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Check out the Surefire Classic weaponlights (specifically model 644AR). It clamps onto pre-rail Glocks. (Yours is a 2nd gen, btw.)

4. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

That is the worst idea EVER. You can get that crap for the P99 too :nono:

5. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

Hey, I'm just letting him know what is available, I personally wouldn't want that, but then again I don't want a light attatched to my gun. I don't want to wave my gun around pointing it at things I don't intend to shoot.

6. Kwik maxx

Kwik maxx Guest

You should check into you local dealers upgrade programs. around here I can get a 1st or 2nd gen glock upgraded to a 3rd gen for $150. The you will have no more light problems. Surefire X200 :bowdown:

7. HPS

Thanks for the info, but I don't think that is my kinda option. Also, the light isn't for using as an everyday flashlight. It would be for if I needed it at the moment, like looking for someone in a dark house, blinding the person that broke in and other such hopefully never needed uses... :bigthumb:

8. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Here you go. Surefire P101. $200 and attaches to the trigger guard and has nothing to do with the rails.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

Umm, okay, did this help or not???

10. HPS

Sorry man, haven't been in here in a few days. Yes, it really did. Thanks a lot man. :)

11. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

That p101 looks way too big. Too expensive for a flashlight. I just purchased an M3 for my G22 yesturday and love it. It cost my $109. They require an accessory rail, sry :-(

12. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

Looks like you got the 2nd gen glock. Why dont you give glock a call..they can put in the new 3rd gen frame with the tactical rail for a very decent price. I beleieve its less than a $100 for sure. Id rather have stock factory rail than those add ons...

If you go with Glock to do this, they have you ship it overnight. Glock pays for all the shipping and send it back within a week or two. But if i were you, im the type that wants his gun back uickly so id swap it myself :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  13. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

Glock is also coming out with a new tac light with a laser attached and it looks so clean and goes well with the glocks frame

OK i found it all out, you just gotta go to your FFL and ask them to hook up a empty frame. When you get it, just detail strip your old glock and swap the innards into the new frame. The new frame costs $20-30, much cheaper than upgrading the gun....

Last edited: Mar 18, 2004
  14. HPS

Thanks a lot Mix. To be honest, I have never torn it down further than the depth of a basic cleaning (I think), so would it be hard for me to move all this over? Areyou in Austin? :hs: :rofl: Seriously though, I will prolly be doing this. Thanks man.

Also, I am pretty lacking in the names of all the parts, and what the after markets are/do. I see them posted all the time and don't know what stuff is. Sucks. Where can I get some knowledge...? :hs:

15. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

Dude taking apart the whole gun is easy..this was my first gun ever and it was a breeze. Here is a link on how to do ithttp://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/
    Heres another link http://glockmeister.com/trigger.shtml
    And hers another link http://ghostinc.zoovy.com/category/istallationinstructions/
    And heres a great link that has all the part list, and pics of the parts and how to disassemble everything including slide and receiver
    http://glockmeister.com/glockinf.shtml

And if you ever need help, you could call or IM me if your stuck somewhere.

16. HPS

Awesome man, thanks a bunch... :)

17. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

The light is a bit large, but it accepts the Surefire P61 bulb which is 120 lumens vs. the M3's ~55 lumens. There is a huge difference.

And yes, the light is a bit large. It looks much better on a full size Glock, but my 23 will have to do until I can get an old 17 for a bedside gun.

I had a M3 but traded it even for the Surefire. A good choice IMHO. The only downfall w/ the P101 is that it cannot mount/dismount easily. I use to carry my G23 quite often, but not anymore (that is why I want a 17 to use the light with).

The older model Glocks are more desireable to some people, me included. The older style grip is much better suited for individuals with smaller hands. The light rail is a luxery, not a necessity if you ask me...