Question about Xbox RROD

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by EffBeeEye, Nov 18, 2009.

1. EffBeeEye

EffBeeEye New Member

So my Xbox has run fine for over 2 years now, but last month it randomly RROD on me for just one time. I turned it off, then back on and the problem was gone.

It's getting near the end of its 3 year RROD warranty so I'm wondering if I should send it in to M$. In order for them to repair the RROD does it have to occur every time you turn it on, or just occasionally? I don't wanna have to send it in only for them to think there's no problem and then send the damn thing back to me.

I've heard of people with similar problems who intentionally RROD their box so that there's no question of a problem- but I'm skeptical of doing this....

2. sony

sony Active Member

it doesn't even have to occur.. you just check the right stuff on the web form and send it in :)

3. Juggaman

Juggaman OT Supporter

Just send it in. Its your best bet. The thing will shit on you as soon as your 3-years is up.

4. EffBeeEye

EffBeeEye New Member

Yeah I guess I'll just send it in, too nervous about trying to RROD it on my own anyways.

Do they typically send you the same Xbox, just repaired, or do they send you a refurb one cause my CD drive has been acting strange lately as well.

5. TysonLee

TysonLee New Member

just send it in and tell them its red ringed even tho it isnt. they will send you back a refurb. also write on a piece of paper that your CD drive sticks as another thing wrong on top of the red rings

6. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

If you stop the fans from spinning or block them from exhausting it WILL RROD.

That's all it takes.

7. Biddy

Biddy I Bleed Aqua and Orange...

so i have an old 360 with rrod with 1.51 firmware...should i send it in? or not take that chance?

i could do the xclamp mod i guess but im really lazy guys...thoughts?