Question about waxing in the sunlight

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by halflife78, Feb 15, 2005.

1. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

I recently moved to an apartment complex and I don't have a garage anymore so I am looking for some products that I can use in direct sunlight. The 3 I have heard of so far is Poorboy's, Clearkote, and Zaino. I am leaning toward Poorboy's atm but I need something to get dealership swirls out, is the Poorboy's professional polish strong enough to remove minor swirls with a PC?

If anyone has any advice on what to use it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Poorboy's SSR line is what you would need to remove swirls. SSR2 or 2.5 would work well with a polishing pad and I'd go with their Polish w/carnauba instead of the Professional Polish because Pw/C is much easier to apply and remove.

You can use all Poorboy's products in the sun, as well as Clearkotes. I wouldn't use them on black paint at straight up noon when it is 105 but even if the paint is hot to the touch, EX w/carnauba is easy to apply and remove.

Clearkote's Vanilla Moose is also an excellent final polish/glaze. Extremely wet looking and very slick. Your wax or sealant will just glide on over it.

I don't know if Zaino can be applied to hot surfaces and they don't have a true swirl remover in their product line-up. You can use another brand's polishes but then you need to do a Dawn wash, wipe down with 50/50 water/isoporic alcohol mix or polish again with Klasse All In One since Zaino won't bond to the oils in most polishes.

3. black 3g

black 3g Guest

4. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

or you can do it early in the morning :)

5. Scottwax

After downloading pr0n all night on OT? :rofl:

6. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

hmmm that was random :hsugh:

anyways, when I was in Lake Placid ppl bitched about me parking my car inside so I left it outside 99% of time, I would wash and wax it before 10am when it was still cool and in the shade :)

7. halflife78

halflife78 OT Supporter

Got my stuff in today.

[​IMG]

All my old stuff that doesn't work in the sunlight from when I had my SB 350z:noes::noes::noes: I will get that Souvern on during an overcast day eventually.

[​IMG]

8. Scottwax

Nice collection you have there! I am sure you will like the Poorboy's stuff. Steve puts out a quality line-up.

Just FYI, Clearkote has four new products coming out this spring and I already have them in my hot little hands. Two compounds-one has abrasives, one is purely chemical and two glaze type products.

9. black 3g

black 3g Guest

looks like i have to wait until monday to get the rest of the stuff i ordered. i did, however, get a little treat in the mail today. My Wolfgang clay bar showed up at my door. the ups guy was even nice enough to put the box in a plastic bag because there was a chance of rain.