Question about Visual Studio 2005 performance

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by eskarinna, Apr 27, 2006.

1. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

I am using vis studio 2005 to work with asp projects for the web and is dragging very slow for me, things like auto formating/copy/paste/save tabifying and even just opening projects take minutes when my coworkers who use 2003 do those tasks in seconds for the same projects.

Our IT person researched the matter and found out that people with 4 times better CPU's and memory have the same issues so i got declined for a PC upgrade.

I would like to know if anyone out there is not experienced those problems. I know that the issue is global for all platforms and versions of vs2005, but i hope someone out there has managed to configure it or knows a fix or even a good hardware configuration that deals with that problem.

If you are or know someone who doesnt have issues with the performance of that software please let me know ><

My current work machine is running win XP sp2 on Pentium 4 2.0 GHz and 1 GB RAM - dont laugh i know its crap but its alot more than the min requirments for vis. studio and noone realy cares that i cant have photoshop visual studio and outlook open at the same time along with the 4 IE running and i really would want to get an upgrade.