Question about video card tv out...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bear Klaw, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

I have a geforce 4 ti 4200 card.

It has a tv out, i bought a 25ft s video cable thinking the connection was s video. It is round and black, but is not an s video type connection. It has more pins. What do i need to hook it up to my s video cable? What type of converting cable?

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

It should be S-video
    What is the maker of the card? and I don't mean nVidia, someone else made the card; eVGA, ASUS, Leadtek just to name a few

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

It's probably a proprietary plug designed to connect to a breakout box. The only way to know what kind of signal is supplied by that breakout box is to look in the user manual and/or get hold of tech support. If you don't have the breakout box, you may want to get one -- but if the signal isn't HDTV-compatible, the resolution coming out of that little black plug is going to be 640x480 or worse.

4. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

my ati all in wonder has a plug on the card that looks like s-video. you connect a wired box to it that is has inputs for rca and svideo

my video card will also output svideo, but it is on a wire dongle that plugs into a weird square shaped port, also outputs composite...i don't know why you'd want that on a tv though, it looks horrible