MMA Question about TUF finale last night

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by negative zero, Jun 24, 2007.

1. negative zero

negative zero New Member

Haven't read through any of the threads but was curious if I heard right last night. After nate won did he say that ufc had disrespected his brother and not allowed him to come to the fight or something?

2. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

it was weird...he was like my brother was disrespected and couldnt corner me and wasnt allowed back in the locker room....but they he was like the UFC was nice enough to get him tickets and such and such and he thanked dana white for that.....i dont know who he was trying to bash or if he was.

3. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

It wasnt the UFC that kept him out, it was the NSAC. And the UFC offered Nick a contract and asked him to have some part in the TUF show. Nick turned them down.

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

yup.

5. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

nick failed a drug test right?

6. Bausk

Bausk New Member

For pot.

7. negative zero

negative zero New Member

8. Optamix

Optamix New Member

So is married sex as good as not married sex?

9. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

I watched the nate and manny fight just now and im really confused. I dont understand why manny tapped. was he submitting to nates punches or something else? i was so surprised.

The fight i watched didnt have sound so i'm not sure.

10. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

I pretty much muted the TV when he spoke because God damn he's so stupid.

11. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

he dislocated his shoulde. looked awful.

12. furst

furst THE BOWRD OT Supporter

Manny appears to be pretty injury prone. I recall him talking about being out of the game for quite a while before going into TUF. I think that was a back injury though. Now a recuring shoulder injury leads him to his defeat at the finale. That fucking blows for him. I like Nate more, but I didn't think he was strong enough to pull off a submission on Manny.

13. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah chronic injuries are a bitch i think manny would have won it but we will never know hopefully we get a rematch and they shove it on a ppv also looking for a rematch where grey pounds the shit out of that poser

14. Bausk

Bausk New Member

lol @ calling him a poser, he's a good fighter.

15. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

The bigger/stronger I get the more injury prone I seem to be. I was pretty damn straight all through wrestling in highschool, and boxing shortly after. Having started BJJ about 40 lbs heavier and much, much stronger, I have chronic shoulder problems, muscle issues in the right side of my back, and some other minor naggy shit that I just can't seem to get healed up. :hs:

16. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

NSAC suspended him for smoking pot... For some reason, they wouldn't even let him corner his brother which imho, is stupid...

17. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Unusual endings aside, I thought it was an entertaining bunch of fights.
    Do you guys think Gray was "knocked out" after the tap or just had his bell rung?

18. Bausk

Bausk New Member

If Emerson hadn't tapped from his ribs he would have won the fight easily at that point by just trying to be at all aggressive. I think he was "knocked out" even if he may not have been unconscious.

19. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

look at his left leg, he was out fucking cold. It's understandable that he was pissed though, had to have been rather confusing.

20. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Good point. I'll watch the rematch.

21. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

if that fight is a no contest because he was out then they need to give the 170 pound title back to carlos newton since matt hughes was fucking sleeping when he won that fight.

he might have took a quick nap but the fight was stopped due to tap out not due to a knockout / tapout so imo he won even though he was napping lol

22. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

you are contradicting yourself.

and huhges vs newton is a completely different case and cannot be compared, no one tapped in that fight. A ref stops tyhe fight, not a KO and not a tapout.

The ref moved in and stopped the fight because emerson was tapping. then saw that maynard was out after the fact.

Newton Hughes was just different. Huhges was out before Newton took the fall that put him out. frame by frame newton won that fight. however ref moved in because newton was obviously KO'd, not because hughes tapped or was obviously out.

you have to go on the ref's first call, otherwise you lose legitimacy and cohesion of the way we call fights. There is no instant replay in MMA, the refs needs to stand by his decision.

23. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

Huges won the fight while he was asleep, gray gets a no contest because he was asleep, ref stopped the fight due to the other fighter in A was asleep and B tapped out, in both cases their was a fighter who was asleep and the ref stopped the fight due to the other fighter, but in fight A the win was given to hughes, in fight b the fight was no contest, why, and if it's a no contest then the hughes fight should have been no contest as well, that's not a contradiction, it's asking for fairness, they hand hughes a title while he's snoozing but this fight is a no contest,,,,why?

24. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

and how is it different, hughes was asleep and was given the win, gray was asleep and it's a no contest

in both cases the ref stopped the fight due to the other fighter Newton in 1 case was obviously out and the ref moved in and Emerson in 1 case because he tapped so ref moved in, then ref sees gray is out so they then call it a no contest, but when they saw hughes was asleep they just waited for him to wake up to raise his hand

25. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

that is why those fights were stopped, that is why the other person wshould have the win.
    Hughes was not obviously out after the figh, Big John slapped him in the chest a couple times to let him know it was over, but he was sitting up and breathing normally. He apeared more out of it after a few seconds when he got up and hjumped up suprised celebrating.

they are different because in one fight two people went out, in the other one was KO'd and the other tapped. if you cant see the obvious differences there then i feel sorry for you.

so stop crying, no one saw hughes asleep, hughes was barely out (and I hate the man) and was sitting up fine, the call was a spot judgement based on a ref's decision to stop the fight. Hughes won, end of story.

saturday night the ref jumped in because merson tapped, win should have gone to maynard, unfortuantely not end of story.