WEB question about transfering domain

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by c.a, Jul 13, 2008.

1. c.a

c.a New Member

i signed up with hostgator a little while ago just to try them out and after about a month i decided everyone was right and they suck a giant donkey dick, so i stopped paying them and went about my business. but when i signed up i also registered a domain and i can't figure out how to get that domain transfered to my godaddy account since my hostgaor account was closed. anyone know?

2. c.a

c.a New Member

anyone?

3. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

http://www.icann.org/faq/

My registrar won't let me transfer my domain, what do I do?

If you're having trouble transferring your domain from one registrar to another, you should contact the registrar you want to transfer to for assistance. If your preferred registrar is having any trouble processing your transfer, your registrar can obtain assistance from ICANN or the registry operator as appropriate.

Registrars are not permitted to deny transfer requests arbitrarily. ICANN has no policy that permits or requires registrars to deny outgoing transfer requests solely because the registration is within X number of days before expiration. In any case where a "losing" registrar does deny a transfer request, it is required to provide the "gaining" registrar with a notice of the denial and a specific reason for the denial.

For your reference, the "Policy on Transfer of Sponsorship of Registrations Between Registrars" is set forth in Exhibit B to the Registry-Registrar Agreement. For details on updates to ICANN's transfer policies, please refer to <http://www.icann.org/transfers/>.

4. Comtrad

Comtrad Guest

This is why you NEVER have your host as your registrar.

5. Half-Time

Half-Time OT Supporter

PM me your domain and email address and I'll take care of it tomorrow.

6. c.a

c.a New Member

yea i dont know about that...

7. Half-Time

Half-Time OT Supporter

Yea I work for HG...