Question about Time Machine...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Naturally Baked, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

Can I have it only back up like once/month and then keep extra files on the external too?

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Time Machine doesn't allow much configuration. It will automatically backup once an hour. If you're looking to do a monthly backup, find a dedicated backup product instead.

3. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

Theres a way to adjust the time interval at which it backs up, it requires some command line stuff in terminal. There was a thread about it a while back, either search here or search google.

I'm pretty sure its possible. But as stated, you're probably just better off using another program or backing up manually. Or even automator can work pretty well. :bigok:

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

TimeMachineScheduler will also allow you to change the backup interval but only up to every 12 hours.
    http://www.klieme.com/TimeMachineScheduler.html

5. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

ok thanks guys :hs:

6. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

those directions never worked for me. said i didnt have permissions to edit/save the file. even though i add myself as owner of the file to be able to read/edit/save the file

7. mad_vtak

mad_vtak Active Member

Or what you can do is just turn on time machine once a week or month. After the back up you can just turn off time machine. I tried to change the interval thingy but it said i didn't have privileges.