Question about the sauna.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Hannibal King, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannibal King

Hannibal King OT Supporter

So I hate doing cardio so whenever i can i go into the sauna after my work outs. I know cardio can't be replaced with using the sauna. But i just want to know if there's any benefits to using it. I know it burns calories and what not. Are there any side effects to saunaing up?

2. Voltekker

Voltekker Active Member

Sauna / Steam Room helps me relax thats the benefit.

3. knight42

knight42 OT Supporter

dont use a sauna to burn calories... ya you burn calories in it but you also burn cals from sleeping. Basically its just relaxing and makes you sweat. heres a copy/paste form first google result.

===========================================

It works as a stress reliever by helping you to relax and unwind. Relieving stress can lower blood pressure , decrease headaches, and elevate you mood. This will make you more productive, and more pleasant to be around!

Saunas raise your body temperature slightly, which gives the effects of a fever. This prompts the body to fight off any viruses or bacteria that can cause illness, thus boosting your immune system.

Saunas are an effective way to rid the body of toxins that we ingest from the environment around us through sweating, such as mercury, lead, sodium, and sulphuric acid.

4. RollinDollos

RollinDollos Guest

Elevates your heart rate but as far as burning calories you won't burn anymore than a brisk walk.

5. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

I like stretching in a sauna post workout, but probably just because it helps me relax

6. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

+1.

Sauna won't help you burn fat/cals. I use it merely to relax. Plus as someone who has asthma and constant sinus congestion the menthol steam sauna does wonders for my breathing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.